4Th Quarter Comebacks

Keys

In the past seasons Matt Ryan was being heralded for his 4th quarter comeback ability, and I believe he had a very high amount of them compared to other QBs in their first few seasons.

Where's he at now on this stat compared to other QBs? He surely still boasts the nickname "Matty Ice" in my book.

In the past seasons Matt Ryan was being heralded for his 4th quarter comeback ability, and I believe he had a very high amount of them compared to other QBs in their first few seasons.

Where's he at now on this stat compared to other QBs? He surely still boasts the nickname "Matty Ice" in my book.

I don't now what the best stat for it is but on here he is:

16th for Game Winning Drives with 29 tied with Johnny U, Tony Romo and Jim Kelly.

18th for 4th quarter Comebacks with 22 tied with Jim Kelly again.

He's 15th on the all time list. He has 24 right now. Peyton has 42 and is #1. Brady is tied for 3rd with 35. Brady has 8 more years on Ryan though, started in 2000. Peyton has 10 years on Ryan starting in 1998.

Considering Ryan is heading into his prime years, he has a chance to take a run at both of those. He's at 24 now in 8 seasons (plus 2 games), so if he plays the extra 8 Brady has played, and averages roughly the same, he'd be at 48.

He won't average roughly the same, and Brady's number will continue to increase. Peyton will get a couple this season, but he's probably retiring soon. So I doubt it's likely that Ryan eclipses Manning, but he could certainly be no. 2 or 3 pretty easily before it's all said and done.

I'm shocked Favre isn't really higher up on the list. He's at 6th, tied with Fran Tarkenton. I figured he'd be top 3.

Considering Ryan is heading into his prime years, he has a chance to take a run at both of those. He's at 24 now in 8 seasons (plus 2 games), so if he plays the extra 8 Brady has played, and averages roughly the same, he'd be at 48.

He won't average roughly the same, and Brady's number will continue to increase. Peyton will get a couple this season, but he's probably retiring soon. So I doubt it's likely that Ryan eclipses Manning, but he could certainly be no. 2 or 3 pretty easily before it's all said and done.

I'm shocked Favre isn't really higher up on the list. He's at 6th, tied with Fran Tarkenton. I figured he'd be top 3.

I think realistically Matt, as long as he stays healthy, can surpass or come close to a lot of historical QB records and stats. Proud to have him as our QB.

Considering Ryan is heading into his prime years, he has a chance to take a run at both of those. He's at 24 now in 8 seasons (plus 2 games), so if he plays the extra 8 Brady has played, and averages roughly the same, he'd be at 48.He won't average roughly the same, and Brady's number will continue to increase. Peyton will get a couple this season, but he's probably retiring soon. So I doubt it's likely that Ryan eclipses Manning, but he could certainly be no. 2 or 3 pretty easily before it's all said and done.I'm shocked Favre isn't really higher up on the list. He's at 6th, tied with Fran Tarkenton. I figured he'd be top 3.

Actually, Ryan has only played 7 seasons and 2 games which makes it all the more impressive.

My heart hopes you're wrong while my future cardiologist hopes you're right.

In my opinion, the fourth quarter comeback/ final drive statistic is, like most, not a tell all statistic. It can be a good thing or a bad thing.

When your team has been behind or is in a close, back and forth game, winning on that last drive is good. However, if your team was ahead by a fair margin and in control, loses the lead, and has to somehow salvage a victory that should not have been so hard to obtain, then that, to me, is bad.

To me, once in control, good teams rarely ever lose it. Sometimes teams have tough, close games and a QB has to fight for victory all the way to the end, but never should good teams regularly have control of a game, lose that control, and have to struggle to win it at the end.

In my opinion, the fourth quarter comeback/ final drive statistic is, like most, not a tell all statistic. It can be a good thing or a bad thing.

When your team has been behind or is in a close, back and forth game, winning on that last drive is good. However, if your team was ahead by a fair margin and in control, loses the lead, and has to somehow salvage a victory that should not have been so hard to obtain, then that, to me, is bad.

To me, once in control, good teams rarely ever lose it. Sometimes teams have tough, close games and a QB has to fight for victory all the way to the end, but never should good teams regularly have control of a game, lose that control, and have to struggle to win it at the end.

So what happens when 2 good teams play each other?

The stat doesn't cut both ways. Manning is #1, Brady is #3. That's the all time qb record setter and 4 time superbowl champion.