Cowboys Game

Im live in the heart of Oklahoma and surrounded by cowboys fans constantly. Ive been excited for this game since it was put on the scheduled...but now its looking more and more like a win. With a game like this its not just about winning, but how you win. We can find out just how much this team has improved this week. A hobbled cowboys should be had, but if we let the pass for 250+ and run for 75+ we still have serious issues.

Under the MS regime we would let rookie QB look like all stars. This Falcons team we've been seeing should be able to win this game 30-13 because our offense should have more possessions due to their lack of offensive production. Im excited for this game because i believe we win and win it the way we should.

The thing the Falcons defense absolutely CANNOT do against the Cowboys offense is give Weeden confidence by letting complete passes early in the game, which gets the crowd going and a guy like him could really feed off of that and do some damage. They need to scheme as if Weeden is wearing number 9 not number 3, and throw everything in the defensive playbook at him to make him look like the backup QB that he is.

Talented roster missing their super stars is usually a recipe for a trap game. Two weeks ago, no one would have considered this a "trap game" -- we were just the plain old underdogs.

With Romo and Dez out, our chances are much better, obviously. But that's still a very talented roster we're facing.

exactly, just because their stars are out doesn't mean they won't try and win.

The thing the Falcons defense absolutely CANNOT do against the Cowboys offense is give Weeden confidence by letting complete passes early in the game, which gets the crowd going and a guy like him could really feed off of that and do some damage. They need to scheme as if Weeden is wearing number 9 not number 3, and throw everything in the defensive playbook at him to make him look like the backup QB that he is.

That will be hard to do because Dallas won't trust that scrub to throw more than 18 times unless they are down 3 TDs at the half. Weeden with Dez is bad, Weeden without him is downright terrible.

That will be hard to do because Dallas won't trust that scrub to throw more than 18 times unless they are down 3 TDs at the half. Weeden with Dez is bad, Weeden without him is downright terrible.

He was 7 of 7 when he got to play yesterday. You don't make it to the NFL by being a "scrub".

With a really good offensive line in front of him, and a week of taking full reps, it's not absurd to think that he could have a good game against us.

I keep having flashbacks of this defense under Smitty and how it made Geno Smith, who was an interception machine in his previous games, look like Tom Brady when we played the Jets at the Dome. I just don't want that to happen with Weeden next week. If the Falcons defense is "relentless", which is Quinn's mantra, we'll be fine.

He was 7 of 7 when he got to play yesterday. You don't make it to the NFL by being a "scrub".

With a really good offensive line in front of him, and a week of taking full reps, it's not absurd to think that he could have a good game against us.

You clearly missed the 2 games he played last season when Romo was hurt..

look,we made Geno look like a super star and did the same thing with Bridgewater,this game is too **** important to discount the Cowboys.I don't care who is out,we have to smash them over and over and over.If we get out ahead,throttle them.I want to run up the score and let our next fool opponent say"yeah but romo,dez whatever" I want double digits on their a$$$$$$!!!!

I keep having flashbacks of this defense under Smitty and how it made Geno Smith, who was an interception machine in his previous games, look like Tom Brady when we played the Jets at the Dome. I just don't want that to happen with Weeden next week. If the Falcons defense is "relentless", which is Quinn's mantra, we'll be fine.

look,we made Geno look like a super star and did the same thing with Bridgewater,this game is too **** important to discount the Cowboys.I don't care who is out,we have to smash them over and over and over.If we get out ahead,throttle them.I want to run up the score and let our next fool opponent say"yeah but romo,dez whatever" I want double digits on their a$$$$$$!!!!

Yes but this isn't anywhere near the same team, I'm not saying this will be a blowout or even a easy win but if the team just plays their game they win it with all our fingernails in tact.

The Dallas run game isn't what it was last season either, most of their yardage is coming from short passes and big plays in the run game; not consistency.

Yes but this isn't anywhere near the same team, I'm not saying this will be a blowout or even a easy win but if the team just plays their game they win it with all our fingernails in tact.

The Dallas run game isn't what it was last season either, most of their yardage is coming from short passes and big plays in the run game; not consistency.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter if you take Weeden seriously this weekend.

I'm sure Dan Quinn isn't walking around Flowery Branch calling him a "scrub" and presuming an easy victory. Which is all that counts.

Talented roster missing their super stars is usually a recipe for a trap game. Two weeks ago, no one would have considered this a "trap game" -- we were just the plain old underdogs.

With Romo and Dez out, our chances are much better, obviously. But that's still a very talented roster we're facing.

Yep. Makes me real nervous. Surely Quinn will keep their minds right.

Yea this can be a trap game. Their oline is seriously good, and Terrence williams isn't bad at all, neither is randal.

I can see this game ending up a duel between Dan Bailey and Matt Bryant. Dallas' offense is torn up already, and the Falcons have a below average run game...and they're on the road. This could end up something like 19-16.

I know the whole any given Sunday thing ,but if it does come down to Kickers in a dome........... My money is on Mr Bryant.

Quinn is not Smith and Nolan is in SD. This team will be much better prepared. Quinn believes in his scheme and his players. See the Alford situation his past weekend. He did not shift his coverages or give up on Alford. In the end we won and Alford played much better in the second half.

The good thing about facing Weeden is that he is terrible beyond the short/intermediate range. We can afford to play Willy Mo in the box all day to help out against the run game, since the threat of a deep ball is basically zilch.

Of course, that's also a double-edged sword, because so far Bradford and Manning have both carved up our defense with short/intermediate passes in the middle of the field. We really need Allen and Worrilow (or Stupar?) to be on point covering the middle of the field.