Atlanta Falcons' Defense Bears Down After William Moore Tirade

atljbo

exactly, its completely about position....position of your feet, position of your head, position of your shoulder....everything has to be in position correctly for you to be able to wrap up....wrapping up only happens if you are in good position

Still has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. What do you think "sound tackling" is? The comprehension of some people on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. I know. And THIS is what gets on my nerves. Did I hate that it was 3rd down? Yes. Did I hate that veteran put a move on Moore? Yes. Do I blame Moore?? No. Vereen is a shifty player. He made MANY falcons miss tackles yesterday. Off top of my head he made Worrilow miss for a 37 yard gain, Durant, Allen, Moore. And probably a few more. They had to gang tackle vereen so how can I blame Moore for this shifty guy when I saw him make two falcons miss on the SAME play at the SAME time before the troops got there to get him down. Wow. This is football. There are 2 teams on the field. Did the Giants not miss tackles that lead to 1st downs for us?? Cmon man!!

I'm with you FB.

I think a lot of this, frankly, comes down to a lot of people not having played this sport/any sport to a high level. I'm not hating or saying we that have played it 'know' more about the game. Some of the best knowledge out there has never played a down.

But the harsh judgement and looking for perfection is unrealistic and shows a lack of athletic sympathy.

I'm with you FB.

I think a lot of this, frankly, comes down to a lot of people not having played this sport/any sport to a high level. I'm not hating or saying we that have played it 'know' more about the game. Some of the best knowledge out there has never played a down.

But the harsh judgement and looking for perfection is unrealistic and shows a lack of athletic sympathy.

I don't think many people here outside of a few uninformed minority would be criticizing him to this degree if it wasn't a consistent problem for Moore. ****, if he had just attempted to throw his arms around Vereen instead of throwing his shoulder at him, then I sincerely doubt the scorn would even close to what some are saying. It was just a glancing blow, attempting to make a big hit.

I don't think many people here outside of a few uninformed minority would be criticizing him to this degree if it wasn't a consistent problem for Moore. ****, if he had just attempted to throw his arms around Vereen instead of throwing his shoulder at him, then I sincerely doubt the scorn would even close to what some are saying. It was just a glancing blow, attempting to make a big hit.

I want him to keep playing his game. That was his only missed tackle of the game and it had no bearing on the outcome. It's a team effort. I've never seen Moore lose a game for us single handedly. He's out there with 10 other men. Not once.

So he misses some tackles. So did Ray lewis trying to make kill shots. So did Ronnie Lott on kill shots. So does Kam, which this silly agenda is all about anyway and we are not gonna get him. It gives our defense respect tho. It strikes fear.

I want him to keep being the enforcer. It's not like he misses every tackle. They ALL miss. Vereen made 2 guys miss at the same d@mn time yesterday. What's the excuse for that??? He made worrikow miss with his arms out??? What's the excuse for that?? Good players make other good players miss. Football facts.

Again, the play after his miss lead to a TD and the score was tied 10-10. What happened on the OTHER 10 points?? Was that on Moore?? That's my point. F*ck Moore and his only missed tackle of the game. It was about the whole defense. TEAM me. The team is always bigger than me. What game have we lost because willy no missed a tackle. Obviously there were other problems that caused us to lose. Does me miss every tackle?? H3ll no. He makes more than he misses. I like his style and I want him to keep playing that way.

Appreciate the veteran leadership in a fairly young secondary, but Moore needs to take a long, long look in the mirror. He didn't give up the Beckham TD, but he was directly responsible for it.

What???? That was Allen's mistake. I saw it when it happened live. It was even pointed out in that article. First it was " dont pay Julio". now its gonna be " Lets get rid of Moore". THATS coming next................

In Quin's scheme, Allen has more of the safety coverage responsibilites than most free safeties because Moore is being used as a hybrid linebacker, like Quinn did with Kam Chancellor up in Seattle.

Edited by atlking

What???? That was Allen's mistake. I saw it when it happened live. It was even pointed out in that article. First it was " dont pay Julio". now its gonna be " Lets get rid of Moore". THATS coming next................

In Quin's scheme, Allen has more of the safety coverage responsibilites than most free safeties because Moore is being used as a hybrid linebacker, like Quinn did with Kam Chancellor up in Seattle.

My point exactly. And why are we micromanaging the game down to one play. This is the sh*t kids do. It takes 60 min to play a game. One play does not win or lose the game.

I think the term he should have used is "indirectly."

He did say, "including myself".

exactly...hes talking about coverage and tackling. Allen missed the tackle on ODB cuz he didnt know his assignment, and Mo himself missed that big tackle on 3rd down. Thats why they responded...cuz he called HIMSELF out while acting as the leader...not many "leaders" call themselves out, and his teammates respected it. It's not like a coach barking at you...he was truly disappointing in the group as a whole and they felt the same way. Thats Falcon Fam right there, and it'll take us a long way this season!! 10 + wins baby!!

Edited by mtldirtybird

I think the term he should have used is "indirectly."

Moore wasnt directly, indirectly, or any kind of " rectly " responsible for that touchdown. Again, he was lined up down as a linebacker, with zone responsibility on a pass play in HIS zone. Allen was in a single high safety with responsibility to cheat over to help with Alford. Trufant is playing Richard Sherman's STRAIGHT UP, ZERO HELP man to man coverage on the other side.

Sure enough, when the ball was snapped and the pass was recognized, Moore dropped into the flat to cover a receiver that went into HIS ZONE, and Beckman streaked down the sideline into a slant with Alford covering him man to man with help from Allen over the top who took a very bad angle and missed the tackle, resulting in the touchdown......

The play was there all game. Manning was coming to the line and seeing that coverage the WHOLE game. Quinn, RARELY changes his coverage. Lastly, Moore made mistakes in this game, but that touchdown pass was NOT one of them.

Edited by atlking

Moore wasnt directly, indirectly, or any kind of " rectly " responsible for that touchdown. Again, he was lined up down as a linebacker, with zone responsibility on a pass play in HIS zone. Allen was in a single high safety with responsibility to cheat over to help with Alford. Trufant is playing Richard Sherman's STRAIGHT UP, ZERO HELP man to man coverage on the other side.

Sure enough, when the pass was snapped and the pass was recognized, Moore dropped into the flat to cover a receiver that went into HIS ZONE, and Beckman streaked down the sideline into a slant with Alford covering him man to man with help from Allen over the top who took a very bad angle and missed the tackle, resulting in the touchdown......

The play was there all game. Manning was coming to the line and seeing that coverage the WHOLE game. Quinn, RARELY changes his coverage. Lastly, Moore made mistakes in this game, but that touchdown pass was NOT one of them.

Missing the point entirely. Moore was directly, indirectly or whatever term you want to use responsible for the TD by failing to wrap up Vereen instead of shoulder tackling him on the 3rd down play prior to.

Missing the point entirely. Moore was directly, indirectly or whatever term you want to use responsible for the TD by failing to wrap up Vereen instead of shoulder tackling him on the 3rd down play prior to.

My bad. That was on that SAME drive?? MY bad. Yes, he then was indirectly responsible for the touchdown. I stand corrected. Also, to show that im NEVER biased toward a player, Moore upset me later in the game when he went for the "scoop" on a fumble, instead of falling on it. That couldve stopped another Giant drive.

Edited by atlking

Sure enough, when the pass was snapped and the pass was recognized, Moore dropped into the flat to cover a receiver that went into HIS ZONE, and Beckman streaked down the sideline into a slant with Alford covering him man to man with help from Allen over the top who took a very bad angle and missed the tackle, resulting in the touchdown......

Except it wasn't man to man. It was cover 3 so Alford was responsible for anything deep(bail tech). Being that it was a slant route it puts that assignment on somebody else. From the looks of it id say stupar didn't have enough depth in his zone. Everything else you said is correct.

We just weren't in cover 1. We were cover 3. If we were in cover 1 Alford would've pressed him. We actually played more cover 1 in the second half and that's what put clamps on OBJ cause we weren't giving him free releases anymore. Alford locked him down in cover 1. Cover 3 when he was bailing they were connecting on come back routes and in the seam. Sidelines and seam is the weakness of cover 3 so it wasn't on Alford as much as the board wants to believe. He could've been better but the coverage call itself was the main issue. Eli was picking it apart. Cover 1 2nd half and it all changed. Especially after Moore chewing the secondary out INCLUDING himself.

Except it wasn't man to man. It was cover 3 so Alford was responsible for anything deep(bail tech). Being that it was a slant route it puts that assignment on somebody else. From the looks of it id say stupar didn't have enough depth in his zone. Everything else you said is correct.

We just weren't in cover 1. We were cover 3. If we were in cover 1 Alford would've pressed him. We actually played more cover 1 in the second half and that's what put clamps on OBJ cause we weren't giving him free releases anymore. Alford locked him down in cover 1. Cover 3 when he was bailing they were connecting on come back routes and in the seam. Sidelines and seam is the weakness of cover 3 so it wasn't on Alford as much as the board wants to believe. He could've been better but the coverage call itself was the main issue. Eli was picking it apart. Cover 1 2nd half and it all changed. Especially after Moore chewing the secondary out INCLUDING himself.

Good break down. Again, this puts the matter more on Allen than anybody else. If Alford is bailing, then, like you said, the receiver has the advantage on that sideline route and slants because of the body position of Alford in his drops. From the angle ive seen of the play, yes, Alford is bailing on that play.

Edited by atlking

Moore is quick to the ball. He is a big hitter. And he actually does have decent hands catching interceptions. If he would learn to wrap us and go low when he doesn't have help for open field tackles, he could be a really good player. As it stands, he misses too many tackles.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again. When Moore is on, he usually makes a play that changes the outlook of a game. I can live with our playmaker missing tackles here and there.

My bad. That was on that SAME drive?? MY bad. Yes, he then was indirectly responsible for the touchdown. I stand corrected. Also, to show that im NEVER biased toward a player, Moore upset me later in the game when he went for the "scoop" on a fumble, instead of falling on it. That couldve stopped another Giant drive.

All good. I believe it might have been the play right before the OBJ Touchdown actually. Like I've said before in this thread, really appreciate what Moore brings to the table as a leader and as a player, but no guy is above reproach.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again. When Moore is on, he usually makes a play that changes the outlook of a game. I can live with our playmaker missing tackles here and there.

Exactly. The DROPS that wide receivers have because they looking out for number 25 more than makes up for the occassional missed tackle. Moore is in " roughrider" mode every play. I can take that over a soft safety who is more technically sound.

Moore misses some tackles but who doesnt? Besides, I can only remember Moore missing one tackle in the game yesterday so I really dont know what all the drama is all about - he had a solid game. Dude is the leader in the secondary and if he didnt get everybody's mind right on the sideline, maybe we would have had a different outcome. And from what I could tell, he included himself as needing to play better in his message to the DBs.

Its just how he missed the tackle. Like I can understand if a player just outplays u and gets away. But not when u go for a dang killshot and totally get bounced off. He just needs to wrap up.

All good. I believe it might have been the play right before the OBJ Touchdown actually. Like I've said before in this thread, really appreciate what Moore brings to the table as a leader and as a player, but no guy is above reproach.

No wonder people have been commenting about Moore. If it was the play RIGHT before the touchdown, it was fresh in everybody's mind..........lmao I was actually running in and out of the room, so i dont remember play by play. All i know is i looked at the tv and saw the slant play and Allen taking a bad angle and missing. Lastly, yes, no one is above reproach on the team.

Edited by atlking

Willie Mo, leadership isn't do as I say...but living it yourself as an example for the younger players. I'm surprised they listened to you after you still can't tackle yourself as a veteran safety.

And he dies just that. You don't think those young players respond when makes a crushing tackle? HE set the tone yesterday early on the game. I can't believe you would even say something like this.

I know personally the impact he has on players and the team straight out of players mouths. They respond to big hits. The thing you all don't get is as a team you have each other's backs. The team feels and knows he is the enforcer so they know he'll miss a tackle here and there. THEY have his back so they will swarm.

As I said before nobody is explaining what happened on the OTHER 10 points if everybody is blaming Moore for OBJ's TD. The score was only 10-10 at that time. What happened on the other 10?? Was all that moore's fault too??

Was it moore's fault when vereen shook durant and Allen at the same d@mn time? Was it moore's fault when vereen shook Worrilow for a 37 yard gain?? Was it Moore's fault OBJ caught great balls thrown by eli on Adams, Alford, and the WHOLE defense on his long TD run??

This is a team sport. And you're d@mn right they respond to Moore because he's a head busser. Yall ain't making sense with all this Moore Moore Moore. Especially you cause you're usually a good poster. It's 10 other guys on the field with him and 60 minutes of football. 1 play or 1 missed tackle does not make or break the game.

We won 24-20. The missed tackle from Moore happened late in the second qtr, which was his only missed tackle of the game. Kam Chancelor IS NOT COMING HERE!!!! Lol. That's all this agenda is about. And if he did what would be the excuse when a shifty runner shakes HIM??? I've seen Kam miss plenty of tackles. He's an enforcer like Moore.