8-0 Start... Am I An Unrealistic Homer...?

Capitalist

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only have one game on our schedule: Dallas. Nothing else matters.

No Tony Romo.

No Dez Bryant.

No real running game.

While we can certainly lose if we start to read our press clippings, lose focus, come out flat, etc., we SHOULD win. But our history of losing winnable games still haunts my dreams at night.

Would not be surprised if we stumbled next week, but even if we do, 2-1 against the NFC East is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm impressed. However, I have a sneaking suspicion the NFC East may post a losing record against the NFC South this season to the shock of the nation. The Eagles and Giants really are very bad. Either that, or the Cowboys and Falcons are world beaters.

I'm impressed. However, I have a sneaking suspicion the NFC East may post a losing record against the NFC South this season to the shock of the nation. The Eagles and Giants really are very bad. Either that, or the Cowboys and Falcons are world beaters.

Yea, the highly touted NFC East looks pretty much feeble at least for the first 2 games of the season, Cowboys are 2-0 against the same teams we are....guess next week is the tie breakerlaugh.png

Let's see. We have two wins. As the media is sure to remind us, "But, their opponents are a combined 0-4." While this is rude...it is also true. Not only that, the Cowboys looked much better against these two teams than we did...even after Romo got hurt.

I'm all done being happy with decent seasons and a good start. I have seen plenty the last two weeks that make it clear to me that we are no threat to any serious playoff teams as of this moment. That said, it is week 2. We have 2 wins in our pocket and 15 more weeks to improve and grow in our new systems.

I think we looked better than Dallas against the Giants. They looked better against the Eagles. Dallas did not look good against the Giants. No sacks, no turnovers, gave up 26 points. People are saying the Giants gave it away to us today, but they really gave it away to the Cowboys. And the Cowboys were at home while we were on the road.

I'll say this much, I think their defense is really good. I don't think it will be easy. Was just clarifying that while they did look better against the Eagles, we looked better on the road against the Giants. And with it being in a dome, I feel better about it than today's game. Part of our problem today was falling down on the field and dropping passes. Both of those are influenced by outdoor environmentals.

I think we looked better than Dallas against the Giants. They looked better against the Eagles. Dallas did not look good against the Giants. No sacks, no turnovers, gave up 26 points. People are saying the Giants gave it away to us today, but they really gave it away to the Cowboys. And the Cowboys were at home while we were on the road.

I'll say this much, I think their defense is really good. I don't think it will be easy. Was just clarifying that while they did look better against the Eagles, we looked better on the road against the Giants. And with it being in a dome, I feel better about it than today's game. Part of our problem today was falling down on the field and dropping passes. Both of those are influenced by outdoor environmentals.

Dallas overcame three turnovers vs. the Giants. The offensive stats are very close vs. the Giants. I think we had 419 yards and Dallas had 436. So, I can't argue your point too much.

Dallas overcame three turnovers vs. the Giants. The offensive stats are very close vs. the Giants. I think we had 419 yards and Dallas had 436. So, I can't argue your point too much.

It's just an eyeball test. Cowboys don't have a run game, they don't have Romo, they don't have Dez. They have a good defense and pretty good O-line. Falcons should win and if they don't, it will be a huge disappointment.

Dallas turned the ball over 3 times, at home. That doesn't look good. We had a ton of drops, missed penalty calls, a missed challenge that extended their drive, and a lot of simple errors that made this game a lot harder than it could've been.

All in all, I thought we looked better against the Giants. But they definitely looked a LOT better than us against the Eagles.

Let's see. We have two wins. As the media is sure to remind us, "But, their opponents are a combined 0-4." While this is rude...it is also true. Not only that, the Cowboys looked much better against these two teams than we did...even after Romo got hurt.

I'm all done being happy with decent seasons and a good start. I have seen plenty the last two weeks that make it clear to me that we are no threat to any serious playoff teams as of this moment. That said, it is week 2. We have 2 wins in our pocket and 15 more weeks to improve and grow in our new systems.

Who said this. This might be one of the the most useless fact I've seen. Our opponents are a combined 0-4 bc they lost half their freaking games to us.