Remarks By Philly O-Line

atljbo

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20150918_O-line_eager_to_show_that_Eagles_can_run.html

"The down linemen, we weren't getting much movement," right tackle Lane Johnson said yesterday. "We started going more outside zone, trying to put bigger guys on smaller guys in space. That worked well in the second half."

"In the preparation, we didn't think [Worrilow] was going to flow that fast," center Jason Kelce said. "We should've known, because they did that on the goal-line play .

"What we were trying to do is get a double-team on the nose, who crossed my face, with the back-side guard . If we had to do it again, I'd probably just go straight up to the 'backer and get him blocked, because, as long as we got a body on a body, we should be able to pick up a yard."

Kelce said linebacker Kroy Biermann kept him from getting out on Worrilow.

"Those slants by the front-side end weren't as severe on film," Kelce said. "And the nose guard slanting across my face wasn't as severe. [The Falcons] play up front a little differently than we've seen . . . They're much more of a penetrating defensive line, not reading. I think that threw us off, especially in the first half, with a lot of the run calls."

Dallas hasn't played the Eagles that way in the past. Obviously, it's possible the Cowboys will try to use some things they saw the Falcons do, but "it was not so much a specific scheme to stop what we do, more their style of defense," Gardner said. "I don't think it's a thing you'll necessarily see teams duplicate.

2 things

1. They had to look at last years D

2. When the last time did you hear a team talk about our D like this

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately teams will now know thhis coming out and there is no way well be this effective in the first have now that teams know what were going to do as far as penetration there is always a counter in football.

I disagree. It still makes us unpredictable because the D-LINE play isn't necessarily scheme based but style based which is easier to switch up on the fly. Teams prepare to counter schemes not styles and as you saw Monday night we were able to counter their counter for once.

unfortunately teams will now know thhis coming out and there is no way well be this effective in the first have now that teams know what were going to do as far as penetration there is always a counter in football.

But then we counter their counter .... emot-munch.gif

Its been there all off season these signs.

Unlike last year it was hold the point of attack and let the LBers come and clean up the mess.

This year under DQ its everyone up field and the LBers get to play the situation how they see it.

I don't get why nobody realizes this. I think everybody missed our four preseason games. I didn't see anything new from this defense. They played like they did in PS

My main concern. We had the element of surprise going. How our defense plays against the much weaker Giants offense (albeit in their house while they have a lot to prove) should be pretty revealing of how far along we are in creating Quinn's version of the Falcons D.

My main concern. We had the element of surprise going. How our defense plays against the much weaker Giants offense (albeit in their house while they have a lot to prove) should be pretty revealing of how far along we are in creating Quinn's version of the Falcons D.

I think that helps though. We had no clue what the Eagles were going to do neither. We didn't care. That's the mentality I've been waiting on. I don't care what you think you can do, we'll shut it all down. It just has to sustain for 60 minutes and not 30.

I'm just glad we are getting pressure from the front four. **** they had five lineman and a RB chip and we still were hurrying and hitting SB.

That hit was directly responsible for that INT. Mike didn't get it.

Yeah. Our team last year gets blown out by these Eagles. We needed everyone in the secondary and there's no way our front 4 last year would've gotten any pressure. Tbh they'd probably run all over us.

I don't get why nobody realizes this. I think everybody missed our four preseason games. I didn't see anything new from this defense. They played like they did in PS

Alot are listening to the media and aren't trusting there eyes.

I saw alot of technique taught by DQ this off season especially hand usage and the emphasis on get off at the snap.Herein lies the difference I'm ot sure what others are watching but the defense this year to last is night and day.Its player based not scheme as you saw in the game against the E-Gurls there was very little disguise it was just beat the man in front of you and make a play.