Jake Long Contract Details

theProf

This is fine. I was going to be annoyed if he got more than 2 mil.

I don't think anyone can complain about signing Jake Long for less than $1.2 Million. Even if he stays a back-up, that's money well spent for insurance against Polumbus getting playing time. At a very minimum, Long should be good depth and a good swing tackle capable of playing in short yardage situations.

I think he's deal might suggest he's work out were just so so.

Had he really wowed teams, he could have commanded a higher salary and promise of starting position.

So let's be careful of what we are expecting of this guy at this point.

It's very possible he is ONLY a back up to Matthews and Schraeder and only sees the field if one gets hurt.

or he could be betting on himself and wants to do so playing for the best QB available

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with Spotrac's numbers?

I'm convinced it's the whole top 53 and not everything under the sun. By doing the top 53, you see how close I got to the NFLPA official number. That difference is most likely injury settlements that no one has made public. It's been top 53 as long as I've been keeping up with it and it's working out so I'll stick with that :)

I'm convinced it's the whole top 53 and not everything under the sun. By doing the top 53, you see how close I got to the NFLPA official number. That difference is most likely injury settlements that no one has made public. It's been top 53 as long as I've been keeping up with it and it's working out so I'll stick with that smile.png

Well, looking at the numbers, if the ~14 number is right, then at least some of the IR/PUP numbers must be counting, but I just can't figure out which ones that I'm supposed to ignore.

I have to give it to Blank and his entire team this off-season for what has been a truly remarkable six-month stretch for our franchise.

First he saw the need for a new direction and made the call to part ways with our most successful coach in history. Then they kept a level head during the coaching hiring spree, when the "best" candidates were supposedly being signed away and got the perfect coach in Quinn. He restructured the duties in the front office to be way more effective. The draft was also awesome and we were very deliberate in our free agent signings...not overspending on anyone. Each time I read about a move I've been truly impressed and this Jake long signing is no different.

I'm excited to see where our team will be in week 6. Not so much about the record as just to see the progress we've made in achieving our vision

I think that low contract number tells a story. To me, it tells a story of a player (Jake Long) who is not likely close to getting on the field, and when he does, the expectation is he will be a diminished player. Hope I'm wrong - but w/ his pedigree, to get a contract that low says something - especially since there were a few other teams that had kicked tires on him.

It doesn't take "the coaches" to know that Julio Jones' roster spot is safer than any other WR on the roster.

Likewise, it doesn't take "the coaches" to know that Shanny's guys (mainly ZBS linemen) have more value to him than a tub of jello (or perhaps puddin).

The only way we keep Holmes is if we put him on IR after he is no longer eligible for PUP. Basically the Asamoah treatment. Which I wouldn't understand because he doesn't have the trade value that Asamoah does.

There's no need for the Asamoah treatment. We have depth now as you've already stated yet he's still here. I honestly don't care who stays are goes...it's funny seeing you holding out hope that Lamar gets dismissed.

He's not really "here" if he's not on the 53 man active roster. Just like Asamoah isn't really "here".

I don't think Holmes will ever see the 53 man active roster on this team again and that makes me very happy for Matt Ryan's health.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again lol, if Holmes had been as bad this offseason, and as much not a fit as you wish to believe that he is, then he would have been released long ago.

I'm also having fun counting all the times that you're wrong about us releasing him. I think that we're up to at least 5+ in this offseason alone lol. laugh.png

Though, I'm quite positive that, if you actually do end up being right this time, you'll be screaming it from the rafters and bragging on here about how you we're right all along. rolleyes.gif

You have zero self restraint when it comes to Holmes.

I think that low contract number tells a story. To me, it tells a story of a player (Jake Long) who is not likely close to getting on the field, and when he does, the expectation is he will be a diminished player. Hope I'm wrong - but w/ his pedigree, to get a contract that low says something - especially since there were a few other teams that had kicked tires on him.

Unfortunately, that seems very likely. But god I hope Legendary SB is right and Jake Long regains his form from a few years ago or close...

Or any players that suck and cause our team to lose.

So the sooner Holmes, Polumbus, Stone, and Biermann (from starting defense) are gone the better.

I see that you decided not to quote the part about you bragging (pretending) about having been right the whole time, if Holmes isn't added to the roster. rolleyes.gif