You All Looking Forward To Republican Debate Tonight?

JCITOW

It's amazing that many of the people who deny climate change despite all of the scientific evidence are the same people who will gladly believe that vaccines cause autism without any scientific evidence whatsoever.

A thing does not become true just because it's what you believe. Science doesn't work that way. If an individual wants to be a member of the modern-day equivalent of the "Flat Earth Society" I could care less, but many of these nitwits want to make unfounded scientific beliefs a matter of public policy. If you want to be willfully ignorant, do it on your own dime.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing that many of the people who deny climate change despite all of the scientific evidence are the same people who will gladly believe that vaccines cause autism without any scientific evidence whatsoever.

A thing does not become true just because it's what you believe. Science doesn't work that way. If an individual wants to be a member of the modern-day equivalent of the "Flat Earth Society" I could care less, but many of these nitwits want to make unfounded scientific beliefs a matter of public policy. If you want to be willfully ignorant, do it on your own dime.

Sadly that is true for some strange reason. I don't even understand the fight against climate change being real.

I had never heard of the Flat Earth Society until just a few weeks ago.

Sadly that is true for some strange reason. I don't even understand the fight against climate change being real.

Same reason why there was such a fight against banning leaded gasoline and banning particular aerosols that damaged the ozone layer: Making changes hurt the bottom lines of corporations, they funded bogus scientific studies, they spammed those studies to the world at large, and on top of that they did everything they could to to assassinate the character of the scientists who published studies telling it how it is and activists fighting against them.

Now we look back on both of those situations are shake our heads wondering why it took so long to act while the same things are happening over our impact on the climate.

Same reason why there was such a fight against banning leaded gasoline and banning particular aerosols that damaged the ozone layer: Making changes hurt the bottom lines of corporations, they funded bogus scientific studies, they spammed those studies to the world at large, and on top of that they did everything they could to to assassinate the character of the scientists who published studies telling it how it is and activists fighting against them.

Now we look back on both of those situations are shake our heads wondering why it took so long to act while the same things are happening over our impact on the climate.

That doesn't explain the strange religious community's rejection.

I don't think that's why these guys are climate deniers. I agree with you about why corporations fight against climate change research.

I think most republicans deny climate change simply because they know democrats are passionate about it.

Trump's message: I'm richer than you. I'm smarter than you because I'm richer than you.10 billion reasons why you should vote for me.If you jump on my bandwagon I'll make America great again because I'm rich.I don't need anyone's money.I can do whatever I want,I will surround myself with great people,build a big wall to protect us from the evil Mexicans and kick out all the illegals.All these other candidates are beholden to special interest groups,not me cause buddy I'm rich.Did I mention the Chinese are also a problem, but don't worry I'll straighten out Putin,Syria and China cause guess what : I'm rich

Edited by toadfishtom

Trump's message: I'm richer than you. I'm smarter than you because I'm richer than you.10 billion reasons why you should vote for me.If you jump on my bandwagon I'll make America great again because I'm rich.I don't need anyone's money.I can do whatever I want,I will surround myself with great people,build a big wall to protect us from the evil Mexicans and kick out all the illegals.All these other candidates are beholden to special interest groups,not me cause buddy I'm rich.Did I mention the Chinese are also a problem, but don't worry I'll straighten out the Putin,Syria and China cause guess what : I'm rich

We'll look at it this way, he is richer than us, which means he doesn't need to take "favor" donations and the Chinese are a problem because we owe so much to them, not to mention most jobs are outsourcing to China so they can save a few bucks from paying american people to create their stuff, we need to build a big wall just so we can keep out illegals.

We'll look at it this way, he is richer than us, which means he doesn't need to take "favor" donations and the Chinese are a problem because we owe so much to them, not to mention most jobs are outsourcing to China so they can save a few bucks from paying american people to create their stuff, we need to build a big wall just so we can keep out illegals.

The Chinese aren't a problem. China isn't at fault we keep shipping jobs over there, it's the fact we've made it easy for American companies to do so, and give them no incentive to keep jobs here.

Your last line doesn't even make sense.

The Chinese aren't a problem. China isn't at fault we keep shipping jobs over here, it's the fact we've made it easy for American companies to do so, and give them no incentive to keep jobs here.

Why have you made so much sense the last two days.

The Chinese aren't a problem. China isn't at fault we keep shipping jobs over there, it's the fact we've made it easy for American companies to do so, and give them no incentive to keep jobs here.

China is the problem because we keep shipping jobs over there for cheap labor, not to mention we have problems with China because we owe china. So that's not a problem in your eyes?

Well, first off, China's financial grip on us is vastly overblown. You'd think they owned a majority of our debt by the way people go on about it but, in reality, they own less than 10% of it. ****, the amount of money we owe them is nearly the same that they owe us so it's far from the truth that they have us by the balls there either. The funniest thing about this is that China is in far worse shape debt wise than we are. Last I heard their debt to GDP ratio is around 210% right now, which will likely get worse as they spend like crazy to prevent a recession. Fact is, a vast majority of our debt is owned by American citizens and government agencies owing each other money.

Here's a fun national debt fun fact: Great Britain is still paying off debts it owes from the 1600s. Here's an even funner fact: Great Britain conquered a quarter of the globe with a debt to GDP ratio consistently around 150%.

Simply put, long term debt does not matter much at the end of the day to nations. They can function more than well despite having a mountain of it. What is a problem is short term debt and having a lot of that, which is what sunk Greece.

Well, first off, China's financial grip on us is vastly overblown. You'd think they owned a majority of our debt by the way people go on about it but, in reality, they own less than 10% of it. ****, the amount of money we owe them is nearly the same that they owe us so it's far from the truth that they have us by the balls there either. The funniest thing about this is that China is in far worse shape debt wise than we are. Last I heard their debt to GDP ratio is around 210% right now, which will likely get worse as they spend like crazy to prevent a recession. Fact is, a vast majority of our debt is owned by American citizens and government agencies owing each other money.

Here's a fun national debt fun fact: Great Britain is still paying off debts it owes from the 1600s. Here's an even funner fact: Great Britain conquered a quarter of the globe with a debt to GDP ratio consistently around 150%.

Simply put, long term debt does not matter much at the end of the day to nations. They can function more than well despite having a mountain of it. What is a problem is short term debt and having a lot of that, which is what sunk Greece.

China keeps building ghost towns that nobody wanted, I remember watching something like this on HBO.

China is the problem because we keep shipping jobs over there for cheap labor, not to mention we have problems with China because we owe china. So that's not a problem in your eyes?

There's nothing for us to do with China. Just because we owe China, it doesn't mean anything. China is a minuscule part of our overall debt, and most of our debt to them comes in the form of treasury bonds, which we primarily do just to smooth out trade between us. We keep their economy going. To top it all off, for every dollar of debt we owe around the world, we're owed .89 dollars, so it isn't near as big of a deal as it's made out to be.

It extends to denial of the dangers of smoking and acid rain as well. And it involves many of the exact same character assassins in each case. For anyone who hasn't read it, Merchants of Doubt is a great read about the interwoven efforts to manufacture doubt about issues that threaten bottom lines. I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book is great, and one of many in the topic.

China keeps building ghost towns that nobody wanted, I remember watching something like this on HBO.

To them that is killing two birds with one stone: Construction projects are an easy way to increase GDP and manipulate currency that way and when mass urbanization happens, as they anticipate, they'll have ready made cities. The problem with that is that you can't do that forever, those cities are not being maintained until that urbanization happens, and the Chinese people are in a very precarious situation as a lot of their wealth was invested in new residential areas that few of them can afford which basically makes them money pits.

I don't think that's why these guys are climate deniers. I agree with you about why corporations fight against climate change research.

I think most republicans deny climate change simply because they know democrats are passionate about it.

Maybe it is because they are falsely blaming it on Carbon and the same big companies that are funding the green movement are the ones who will consolidate power and wealth even further with a carbon tax.