You All Looking Forward To Republican Debate Tonight?

JCITOW

I am hearing all the candidates, particularly Fiorina, will be gunning for Trump. Are you going to be watching? If so, are you looking to see anything in particular? First, I want to hear the candidates defend their positions on the issues. I also want to see how Trump and Carson, as serious outside contenders, handle all the heat that will come their way.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't know where I've been. But my wife just told me at lunch today that this was happening. VERY interested to see how Trump handles the upcoming onslaught that they say will be coming his way. Also, like you, interested in how Carson handles himself.

Skeetbird, I love that biblical verse you cited. I wrote a book based on that verse alone. Anyway, just wanted to share. Now back to debate.

They'll all be attacking Trump all night but I fully expect them to get baited by whatever Trump says in response and look like tools because of it. I especially expect this from Rand Paul since he's desperate to get attention back to him and he has zero tact.

I cannot explain why the poll numbers of other candidates (Bush and Graham) who attack Trump seem to drop or do not get the benefit anticipated? Is it as simple as Trump is stating the obvious--what common folks see as obvious and perhaps do not voice?

Then I can say to you welcome my "brother" in the truest sense of the word brother.

Amen sir.

So I'm hearing that Rand Paul is going to try to expose trump as a fake conservative tonight. I'm sure citing that he was a friend of the Clintons and he was for certain liberal decisions in the past. I think someone said that he was a plant by the Democrats to throw a cog in the republican race. Because when he didn't win the nomination he would run as independant and cost the republicans votes. Now I'm not sayin that is truth or whatever. But i do know I'm still feeling quite iffy on him. Leaning toward Carson mostly.

It is going to be ugly and that is exactly the way Trump wants it. They have been trying to expose him for a while as a fake Conservative, but it does not work. Trump is going to start talking about TPP and trade agreements and expose them for siding with Corporations that send jobs overseas. Also going to blast Bush on his tax plan, which the 1% get 53% of the tax cuts.

It is going to be ugly and that is exactly the way Trump wants it. They have been trying to expose him for a while as a fake Conservative, but it does not work. Trump is going to start talking about TPP and trade agreements and expose them for siding with Corporations that send jobs overseas. Also going to blast Bush on his tax plan, which the 1% get 53% of the tax cuts.

That's the sad thing -- as bat **** crazy as Trump is, he makes enough points on relevant issues that people take him seriously.

He is a fake conservative. No doubt about that. But people overlook it because he speaks "common sense," which is unfortunately not sensible and all too common.

I cannot explain why the poll numbers of other candidates (Bush and Graham) who attack Trump seem to drop or do not get the benefit anticipated? Is it as simple as Trump is stating the obvious--what common folks see as obvious and perhaps do not voice?

They're doing the same old tired tactics to attack him and saying nothing new to build themselves up. Trump and his campaign can be summed by Shakespeare, "Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing," but people seem to prefer that over the the typical political tactics since, at the very least, he doesn't come off as robotic or checking something off a list.

That's the sad thing -- as bat **** crazy as Trump is, he makes enough points on relevant issues that people take him seriously.

He is a fake conservative. No doubt about that. But people overlook it because he speaks "common sense," which is unfortunately not sensible and all too common.

Well I think that folks would be able to figure that out--that he is a fake conservative. But that does not seems to bother a lot of folks. He may even be incoherent and still folks do not seem to care. Folks must be really tried of politicians at this point. That may change but despite all Trumps flaws, he is still on top.

Yeah I don't know where I've been. But my wife just told me at lunch today that this was happening. VERY interested to see how Trump handles the upcoming onslaught that they say will be coming his way. Also, like you, interested in how Carson handles himself.

I'm probably wrong, but I think that Carson will have a pretty easy time of it tonight. He has the perfect lightning rod standing right beside him. If an establishment candidate wants to show they're willing to get dirty and fight (see the ridiculous spectacle of Jeb beating his sunken chest on how he's not afraid of Trump) who are they going to go after?

Carson should stay out of the fray as much as possible and speak on policy, let Jeb, Christie, and Paul use their time ankle biting Trump in order to try and sound tough.

Because those two shitbirds in particular come of as completely disingenuous tools when they attack anyone about their level of conservatism.

Well I think that folks would be able to figure that out--that he is a fake conservative. But that does not seems to bother a lot of folks. He may even be incoherent and still folks do not seem to care. Folks must be really tried of politicians at this point. That may change but despite all Trumps flaws, he is still on top.

When Rand Paul made that tweet asking how Trump was in the lead after Perry dropped out and what that meant for the GOP the best response I saw to it was, "Donald Trump is exactly what you have all created with 30 years of fact free rhetoric."

I'm probably wrong, but I think that Carson will have a pretty easy time of it tonight. He has the perfect lightning rod standing right beside him. If an establishment candidate wants to show they're willing to get dirty and fight (see the ridiculous spectacle of Jeb beating his sunken chest on how he's not afraid of Trump) who are they going to go after?

Carson should stay out of the fray as much as possible and speak on policy, let Jeb, Christie, and Paul use their time ankle biting Trump in order to try and sound tough.

Taking the Kerry route and being unknown before Iowa is probably a smart move. Trump and who ever goes up against him as well as any one close to his numbers is going to be a part of the blood bath. I think being in 4/5/6 close to iowa is a smart choice. stay close to the top, but far from Trumps horns, then in the few weeks close to the race start campaigning heavily to make a surprise push to number 1 and upset Trump. Shock every one and prove that Trump is mortal.

Trump will be oversimplifying every topic they throw at him and the masses will love it.The Donald has perfected the pro wrestler heel act and we know how popular that Bull chit is.Looking forward to a very entertaining debate.

I have a feeling we may hear that "We're going to make America great again" once or twice tonight...and China, he may mention that China is taking advantage of our stupid leaders. Just a feeling though.

Im going to record it and watch it after church tonight. Im watching Carson and Kasich tonight. If one of those two don't get the nod, I'm probably not voting in this election.