William Moore Looked Awesome Yesterday..

atlking

I saw him. The whole defense played good, but i was particularly watching both safeties yesterday, as i felt that was gonna be a possible weak link. WRONG. They BOTH played at a all pro level yesterday. Moore looked like Cam Chancellor yesterday

He had ONE bad play, that missed tackle on Sproule, but its HARD to tackle midgets, so, he gets a pass with that one...........lmao

Anyway, I saw a slimmed down Moore ALL OVER the field, exploding into plays like ive never seen him do before. Man, Dan Quinn has these boys playing with SPEED............LOVE what i saw yesterday...........

4eywfh.gif

Edited by atlking

I disagree. He had a few good plays but a LOT of bad ones. Poor angles, poor tackling, didn't consistently set the edge.

But good to see the INT and the lick he laid in that GIF

the strong safety doesnt set edges.........................lmao

that responsibility is on the defensive ends..............lmao

Edited by atlking

He looked far from awesome. Yes, he had an interception - but credit that to the pass rush. Bradford had no choice but to fling the ball up before he got dozed.

There were at least two plays where he got destroyed in the open field, leading to long gains by Sproles. The first was a Sproles spin-move that made Moore completely miss. The second play, he got up-ended by their Center in open space. Come on, man... You have to avoid that block.

There were other positive and negative plays, but those are the ones that stood out most to me. Definitely not awesome.

I disagree. He had a few good plays but a LOT of bad ones. Poor angles, poor tackling, didn't consistently set the edge.

But good to see the INT and the lick he laid in that GIF

That's what I saw as well. He whiffed on a sure tackle that let them extend a drive. Did not play well, IMHO. He had some moments, but he had moments the other way as well.

Actually I'd only give Moore a C. Still pretty poor fundamental tackling.

He tries so hard for the big hit he misses Little League fundamentals. The missed tackles are not due to the opponents size, rather Moore dipping his head down, there's a reason they preach "heads up football" it's not only a safer way to play but you miss fewer blocks/tackles. I have no doubt Quinn will make Moore a star and better as a player, he was in his ear after nearly drive giving pointers.

The D as a whole played much better last night, fewer missed tackles, more aggressive style of play and they played more like a complete unit over a handful of players trying to make a play.

the strong safety doesnt set edges.........................lmao

that responsibility is on the defensive ends..............lmao

You're on your own on this one, he looked good, not great, not awesome. There's a ton of room for improvement. Moore has the talent he just needs to refine his craft, he needs to pick and choose where he's dealing the deathblow and work more on fundamentals, once he does that the skies the limit for him as a player.

You're on your own on this one, he looked good, not great, not awesome. There's a ton of room for improvement. Moore has the talent he just needs to refine his craft, he needs to pick and choose where he's dealing the deathblow and work more on fundamentals, once he does that the skies the limit for him as a player.

Hey, if i made a wrong accessment of his game yesterday, its not a problem with me. Maybe i got caught up in that hit he made against Matthews, and the fact he DID look faster. If his fundamentals are still not there, good for pointing that out to me.

He had some good plays and some bad ones.

Pros:

Moore knows the game and is often close to the ball every play.

Moore is a tough guy that has speed.

Cons:

Moore leads with his head. This causes him to whiff on too many tackles, puts him at risk for concussions, and attracts the eyes of referees. He needs to stop trying to make the sensational play and just do the important job of being our last line of defense.

I would grade him B- for last night.

im glad i wasnt the only one that thought moore had more bad plays than good plays, the defense started off playing lights out, then you started seeing people going for KO hits,slipping back into poor form, and wiffing on too many tackles. Moores big hit WILL result in a fine...

good thing is they didnt play 100 sound football and still got a win, there is 16 weeks left to improve, which is what you want to do...just improve each week..if we can win a few more ugly games the future will be bright..

He had some ups and downs. If the OP is looking for another example of a negative other than the missed tackle on Sproles, on a long 3rd down where Bradford checked down underneath, he came in on a really poor angle which resulted in a first down and the DEF staying on the field.

Again, ups and downs, but love his intensity. That hit (GIF) could easily have been a penalty.

GREAT WIN!!

PS. We got a little conservative in the second half and hoping that doesn't happen again. Should have gone to Julio more and used for PA passing. That last 3rd and 1 was pretty obvious and was hoping for a PA roll out to the right like earlier in the game where Matt has the option on a drag route or run with it.