Matt Ryan's Expression

Dr_truth189

Did anyone catch the look that Matt gave back to the sidelines after the choice to run it on 3rd and 1 in our last offensive drive?

He looked extremely frustrated. As if he wanted to have a different call on that play. My only concern with Matt right now is will Shanahan allow him to do the things that he wants to do?

It's no secret that the Shanahan family has had some clashes with others over minor power struggles. Like the Browns GM having to text down to the field to tell him to stop running certain plays. Hopefully we won't have to see any sort of issues moving forward, but I still have my doubts about the hire.

Edited by Dr_truth189

Matt was off tonight for sure. Had our defense not been on fire in the 1st half, no telling where this game would've went.

That said, this is Matt Ryan. I expect him to get on track as the season goes on. Dudes the definition of a professional. Lots of changes on the line and everywhere in between, too. He has a lot on his shoulders.

Matt was off tonight for sure. Had our defense not been on fire in the 1st half, no telling where this game would've went.

That said, this is Matt Ryan. I expect him to get on track as the season goes on. Dudes the definition of a professional. Lots of changes on the line and everywhere in between, too. He has a lot on his shoulders.

yep. New offense for him too.

Ryan was off. In his throws, and his pre snap reads. He will improve in the latter as much as the former. He was off and we stole one. We should be happy (I for one am)

Despite Matt Ryan's mishaps this game, he still did a lot for the offense. He made a lot of good adjustments and was on target most of the time. He seemed a little brazen in some of his throws though. It honestly would have been 3 TD's and 1 INT if not for Alonso's heroic play. It happens some times.

Matt made a handful of bad decisions tonight.....one with the play OP is referencing, the pick over the middle to thurmond, the almost pick to the left sideline.

The Kiko pick was just a great play. Not a perfect throw but still, great play. The "dropped" pick early in the game looked like Julio slipped on the turf.

Hopefully it's just some growing pains as he works himself into the new system. But all in all, I was encouraged by what we did in the run game and the passing game.

And on defense.