Max Tuerk C/og Usc

texasfalconfan

Tyron Smith?

Yea, the comment says "O-lineman", more than one... I just think they are overrated when they come out. I think the same for Wisconsin O-lineman. Not saying Tuerk is a bad player simply because I don't know yet, I only saw him against UCLA last year, and really didn't pay that much attention to him.

I just don't trust USC O-lineman.

I have watched Tuerk a good bit, in some games and film over last two seasons, and am familiar with his time at USC. He can EASILY put 20 lbs. or more on his frame as well as gain strength over a good season/off-season in NFL. Not concerned with that at all.

He has literally played every position on the OL already while at USC, and is capable at all. That alone makes him valuable in the NFL. It doesn't in itself justify a 1st Rd pick, because to do that he has to be good enough at one position to warrant that pick... but it helps when he can play all three positions in the even that you lose three OL in one game like we did a couple seasons ago.

My current opinion is that he is the perfect C for the ZBS, but I am not certain about burning a 1st Rd pick on a C necessarily. He is certainly worthy of a 2nd.

So I watched Southern Cal and Stanford last night... specifically for Tuerk, and he was about as good as you are ever going to see a C. I will continue to watch him, but after last night I can see him going in the first round. He is a great fit for a ZBS at C and perhaps G also. He does need to improve his pass blocking but honestly he is already good, I'm talking about improve to become great at an NFL level. His ability to snap, pull, and block at the second level is just so good it is fun to watch him. He can release to the second level, target, lock on, and sustain, and drive on LBs so well that Shanahan has to drool when he watches him. He is fluid, quick, fast, and finishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Then technically you would have said "O-linemen" if you meant more than one

common sense I think that goes without saying, but you are right if you want to put the focus on the really irrelevant... If you are an USC O-lineman, I'm a little hesitant of feeling good about my team drafting you, which would include other USC O-lineman seeing that I didn't attach a NAME to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this class was already looking pretty jumbled as to predicting where most players will slot in for picking, now ALL these guys losing seasons so early on wil really make it a crapshoot on trying to predict it.

I really think Tuerk has the potential of being a beast in the ZBS at C, so I'd like to get him in Atlanta but geez all the injuries... going to be a crazy draft!