Our Plan Of Attack

BleedBlack&Red

The saying goes it's not how you start it's how you finish. We all witnessed that the Eagles O can be a headache due to tempo. The question is how do we stop it? Do we take the offensive by putting our D on the field fist and attack Bradford? Or do we play more defensive and let our offense take the field to play keep away? I for one am down for neither. I hope our plan is to go out on offense and score as quick as possible. Let the crowd get even more hype, heightened the players emotions and T off on the Eagles offensive players once they take the field. Every tackle needs to be punishing from the start. You know that hit em in mouth mindset. I believe that is what this regime is all about.

Edited by BleedBlack&Red

Don't worry, Trufant is going to have a pick 6 to get it started.

I'm actually amazed how little attention tru is getting, not just from the media but even here on tatf. It's probably because he's so good already nobody expects more from, but I expect he will be even better this season. One of the things tru and Quinn set out to improve in the offseason was his intercepting ability. I expect that, plus practicing against some of the best receivers in the league, will take him to another level in his third year.

After watching yesterday it seems that every team runs some sort of uptempo no huddle offense. I guess the Philly offense isn't so unique anymore. They lost to the Redskins last year in a game where they outgained Washington 495-305. Their offense carries a lot of hype.

After watching yesterday it seems that every team runs some sort of uptempo no huddle offense. I guess the Philly offense isn't so unique anymore. They lost to the Redskins last year in a game where they outgained Washington 495-305. Their offense carries a lot of hype.

it's unique in that they run it the whole game not just a few times. The Achilles heel is that it is very much a timing based offense that can be disrupted by ....wait for it a fast and physical defense.

it's unique in that they run it the whole game not just a few times. The Achilles heel is that it is very much a timing based offense that can be disrupted by ....wait for it a fast and physical defense.

I don't know much about their offense, but it seems like most people say attacking the mesh points is the way to beat it, which makes sense (it's how you beat any read option type offense). If that's the case, then yeah, fast and physical is the way to go. You have to be disciplined, but you can't be timid.