We Must Try To Avoid A Playoff Bye Week.

sonnyjim

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

After watching much of the league this past weekend I am afraid we will fall into the 'first week of playoffs bye week.' trap. I think weekly play keeps the the team sharp. The last time we earned a playoff bye it did not serve us well. We must be careful not to win too many.

You're right. Let's start tanking games now just in case there aren't enough left at the end of year.

purps.

After watching much of the league this past weekend I am afraid we will fall into the 'first week of playoffs bye week.' trap. I think weekly play keeps the the team sharp. The last time we earned a playoff bye it did not serve us well. We must be careful not to win too many.

"We must be careful not to win too many"

I love this place sometimes!!! :lol:

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Also last time we made the playoffs and got a bye week, we still won our divisional round match-up

Did yall see anybody on our schedule that looked tough? Carolina? the Saints? Indianapolis? the NFC East? Houston? I tell you it's staring us in the face. Another **** 13-3 --14-2 #1 NFC seed and the **** playoff bye. Yes we have won after a playoff bye, but that's no way for a sophisticated team with a complex playbook to stay sharp into February. Minnesota could beat us but that's not enough to avoid the #1 seed.

Edited by sonnyjim

Did yall see anybody on our schedule that looked tough? Carolina? NO? Baltimore? the NFC East? Houston? I tell you it's staring us in the face. Another **** 13-3 --14-2 #1 NFC seed and the **** playoff bye. Yes we have won after a playoff bye, but that's no way for a sophisticated team with a complex playbook to stay sharp into February. Minnesota could beat us but that's not enough to avoid the #1 seed.

ravens defense is dangerous