Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattyicefalcon

Unofficial - Cowboys Vs Giants

159 posts in this topic

Exactly. There is no honor nor nothing to gain playing and beating a weak opponent.

One thing is for sure...the next 3 games we go against two good and one very good oline. The tale will be told just how good our dline is. IMO...It's better than either one on the field last night in quality and depth....better than any I watched except for Denver.

There's no honor in sports. Period. It's cute in movies but it just does not exist. And sports are better because of it.

Jerry Jones has to be nervous, a $70 million, $42 million guaranteed contract for a character risk, with 6 weeks of down time and a fresh bottle of pain pills.

"hey do we still have that babysitter's phone number in the rolodex"?

paulitik likes this

Exactly. There is no honor nor nothing to gain playing and beating a weak opponent.

One thing is for sure...the next 3 games we go against two good and one very good oline. The tale will be told just how good our dline is. IMO...It's better than either one on the field last night in quality and depth....better than any I watched except for Denver.

a win is a win, a loss is a loss. The record book doesn't make exceptions for what players suited up or were on the trainers table. Every team deals with injuries. You should win the games you're supposed to win EVERY time. Show no mercy, they have players hurt and not playing? wah wah.........don't let up. Has any team let up on us the last few years with our injuries? did those wins count for them? because one thing for sure, all we're hearing is how we've only won 10 games the last two years.....very few (if any) also talk about the starters we had go out injured

The Giants offense is so bad, but I don't see why. They should be able to score 25 with their eyes closed.

Nah, both teams sucked

Don't get me wrong, they both played very badly. Cowboys did play slightly better though, as demonstrated by their ability to still win despite all the horrible turnovers.

Eli made a mistake not taking the sack but it was a terrible decision to even put him in that position. I feel like players get way too much blame sometimes when better decisions by the coaches would have kept them from even being in that position to begin with.

I agree completely. Both coaches and Eli deserve credit for that mistake, no doubt.

it doesn't matter if he did or not call the play, you take the sack to keep the clock running. everybody knows you gotta keep the clock running.

Like I said, it's not always that simple. Sure it's easy in hindsight to say that. But to even put him in that situation is setting him up for failure. That is what I meant when I say players get too much blame sometimes. As coaches it's your job to put your players in their best situations for success. There was no chance of Eli having success on that play. All he could do was fail there. That's terrible coaching.

Yea Denver looked good. I think our dline could be one of the better units this season too. Tonight will tell us a lot.

a win is a win, a loss is a loss. The record book doesn't make exceptions for what players suited up or were on the trainers table. Every team deals with injuries. You should win the games you're supposed to win EVERY time. Show no mercy, they have players hurt and not playing? wah wah.........don't let up. Has any team let up on us the last few years with our injuries? did those wins count for them? because one thing for sure, all we're hearing is how we've only won 10 games the last two years.....very few (if any) also talk about the starters we had go out injured

That wasn't the point in what he was saying even tho you're correct. The point was about FANS wanting us to play weakened teams for a win and he was replying to me saying I want teams at their best so we can gauge what WE really are. You could never tell with smith because he'd squeak out a win against good and bad teams. The object is to win the tough games against good teams and DESTROY weak opponents like you said but I NEVER hope an opponent looses their best player to insure a win for us. That's weak.