Saints @ Cardinals Official Gameday Thread

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just stating the truth. This last TD was another defensive breakdown. Might be a long season for you guys considering the defense is not fixed and the running game went for 2.7 ypc today..

With all the youth you'd expect some break downs. However they improved a lot through the game. If they wouldn't have this game would have been over by halftime. Again, that ypc is deceiving. We had negative plays on sweeps. Tackle to tackle rushing was decent. Plus 2 sacks on Brees brings the average down. By seasons end our D will be a force. My prediction.

With all the youth you'd expect some break downs. However they improved a lot through the game. If they wouldn't have this game would have been over by halftime. Again, that ypc is deceiving. We had negative plays on sweeps. Tackle to tackle rushing was decent. Plus 2 sacks on Brees brings the average down. By seasons end our D will be a force. My prediction.

I can respect your prediction but I'm not agreeing with it. Another thing, I wou;ld start worrying about your offense as well. Meaning you cannot live off screen passes especially when the run game is averaging 2.7 ypc. However the saints do it, they need to find a downfield passing game to help open up the run game. This has been Payton's offense for several years now and you now what I've been calling it!

I think Payton needs to change up the offensive scheme a bit. I know what he's running on virtually every play and with the lack of a downfield passing game and limited running they are making it hard on the aging QB.

You are correct WFW, you didn't see any downfield throws from Brees. Arm strength is gone?

I can respect your prediction but I'm not agreeing with it. Another thing, I wou;ld start worrying about your offense as well. Meaning you cannot live off screen passes especially when the run game is averaging 2.7 ypc. However the saints do it, they need to find a downfield passing game to help open up the run game. This has been Payton's offense for several years now and you now what I've been calling it!

What ever works. It called taking what is given. And your going to ride that 2.7 ypc till judgement day. This is one game against a good defense. You can for a whole week. Again, if our defense played so bad the game would have been over at halftime. Edited by Aquietguy

What ever works. It called taking what is given. And your going to ride that 2.7 ypc till judgement day. This is one game against a good defense. You can for a whole week. Again, if our defense played so bad the game would have been over at halftime.

Actually both things that needed improvement the run game and defense were lacking yesterday. They may come around but it was a bad sign. Plus, the Graham factor down in the redzone is clearly visible, 1-4 in the redzone. Who is going to score down there for the saints?

Actually both things that needed improvement the run game and defense were lacking yesterday. They may come around but it was a bad sign. Plus, the Graham factor down in the redzone is clearly visible, 1-4 in the redzone. Who is going to score down there for the saints?

Sure. If a season is one game. There are 15 more for us. Just because wr went 1-4 in the red zone one game doesn't mean it will be every game. We've done that some times when Graham was here. Again, you are basing way too much on one game vs one of the better defenses in the game. If we can't push the ball down the field because of Brees arm, how were we doing it in the preseason? You take what the defense gives you. Besides, you clearly missed that perfect 40 yard pass the Cooks. Edited by Aquietguy

Not ready to call the saints dead just yet. Defense didn't look bad considering the injuries and youth. Only concern was lack of pressure against an at best average offensive line. Right now the offense particularly on 3rd down and in the red zone seems to be more of a liability than the defense. Luckily they have the Bucs at home next week should give them confidence heading into their week 3 match up against the panthers

Not ready to call the saints dead just yet. Defense didn't look bad considering the injuries and youth. Only concern was lack of pressure against an at best average offensive line. Right now the offense particularly on 3rd down and in the red zone seems to be more of a liability than the defense. Luckily they have the Bucs at home next week should give them confidence heading into their week 3 match up against the panthers

We got solid pass rushing from Jordan and Kikaha. Jordan let two sacks slip through his hands. Kikaha has already provided a more consistent pass rush than Gallette.

Downfield passing was not open, the Cardinals have one of the best defense in the NFL and a very solid team when there starting QB is playing, play for play the Cardnals just made more plays they were the better team.. Why throw the ball deep if its not there? the Saints don't have a Julio Jones who can out jump defenders so Brees can't just throw the ball up. Cooks is great but he is the speedy slot guy.

Just makes you wonder How the Cards could have done if they had palmer last post season. The panthers played a team on life support last season. But thats a part of the game. But they where a solid team before the injury bug bit them in the face.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015091307/2015/REG1/saints@cardinals#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000529929&tab=recap

429 yards and 31 points to a not so offensive Cards team? Meaning they might be a 15th rated offense when all is said and done.

Meaning reach for the sky like you're on Toy Story. What does 429 yards and 31 points have to do with our offense?

Saying your defense gave up 31 points and 429 yards to an offense that will likely be a middling offense, not a powerhouse offense like ours or the eagles will be. That would have me concerned a bit about my defense if I were you.

Also facing a powerhouse defense unlike yours.

You may or may not be right about that. Hopefully, and I stress that with all sincerity Quinn will be fixing up what was an atrocious defense. He has put in a new scheme and hand picked a number of new defensive player to help alleviate last season porous defense. I have faith in him until he proves otherwise.

You may or may not be right about that. Hopefully, and I stress that with all sincerity Quinn will be fixing up what was an atrocious defense. He has put in a new scheme and hand picked a number of new defensive player to help alleviate last season porous defense. I have faith in him until he proves otherwise.

Ok. Bit you may or mau not be right about the Cards offense. Again, this is week 1.

We just played a #1 offense y'all didn't

#1 offense from last year. We will be fine though. A lot of the issues we had were a result of youth. Like the long play on their 2nd drive by the TE. And Browner had his hands on two balls and dropped them. As well as Anthony and Jordan. Anthony's being the most difficult. But Browner has to make those plays. Breaux got called for several holding and PI calls. Some were bad calls but someone needs to tell him he not playing for the Patriots so he won't get the benefit of those calls. Away, The game was much closer than the score indicated. Edited by Aquietguy

#1 offense from last year. We will be fine though. A lot of the issues we had were a result of youth. Like the long play on their 2nd drive by the TE. And Browner had his hands on two balls and dropped them. As well as Anthony and Jordan. Anthony's being the most difficult. But Browner has to make those plays. Breaux got called for several holding and PI calls. Some were bad calls but someone needs to tell him he not playing for the Patriots so he won't get the benefit of those calls. Away, The game was much closer than the score indicated.

I will be watching to see if the saints improve on offense which they will have to do to keep pace in the NFCS