2016 Nfl Draft Prospects

A-TowN.-

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really hoping Tuerk continues to improve and we will consider getting him. He may end up being one of the better centers to come out in a while. He also seems pretty athletic and would be a good fit for the zone. He still needs to add some mass and get stronger.

Also like what I have seen out of Pyke from UGA.

Edited by Sobeit

Obviously I haven't looked at many of these prospects yet. I wouldn't call these rankings either yet. Just people I have noticed.

Some notes:

• Kendall Fuller, CB Virginia Tech. I hope he progresses a little better throughout the season but I am giving this guy DeAngelo Hall Syndrome for now.
  • Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan. Dude looks very smooth with soft hands, good size, and a great stride to break away from defenders. Love this guy right now.
  • Josh Doctson, WR TCU. Dude is a straight playmaker. He and Corey Davis would be good replacements for Roddy if Hankerson doesn't develop.
  • Skai Moore, LB South Carolina. A lot of people will hate me for this, but I don't see much at this moment that impresses me. Need to watch more of him, but like wise to Mike Williams, he seems to stiff and takes too many false steps.

Sorry my first reply wasn't intended for you lol. But yeah I like Tuerk. He has good hand placement and feet movement. But I agree he needs to get a little stronger at the point.

Given his lack of strength he still seems to enjoy finishing. He gets a lot of people on the ground in the run game. If he continues to improve and bulks up a bit he is a guy that I really think we need with the new offense. Going to be interesting where people are slotting him come December.

Edited by Sobeit

Given his lack of strength he still seems to enjoy finishing. He gets a lot of people on the ground in the run game. If he continues to improve and bulks up a bit he is a guy that I really think we need with the new offense. Going to be interesting where people are slotting him come December.

I'm a little weary of USC O-lineman, no I can't explain it, just a gut feeling, but realistically a center that needs to get stronger sounds like the centers we have been drafting already, or the centers we already have on our roster right now. Personally I got tired of seeing the middle of the pocket getting collapsed into Matt's face, I enjoy seeing that natural arch in the pocket provided by a center/guard who is strong enough to hold his ground and the feet to stay with all the counters after that. What I see in centers who "need to get stronger" is that they lose way too early off the snap of the ball, with the more stout centers, at least they make the defender throw a counter in there somewhere. Same with maintaining a push in the run as well, got tired of seeing Konz and Hawley getting pushed back into the backfield.

I have to admit I've only seen maybe one game where I actually paid attention to him, not to much actual tape on him though so I'm not one to really critique him yet.

Edited by datchrisb1

I'm a little weary of USC O-lineman, no I can't explain it, just a gut feeling, but realistically a center that needs to get stronger sounds like the centers we have been drafting already, or the centers we already have on our roster right now. Personally I got tired of seeing the middle of the pocket getting collapsed into Matt's face, I enjoy seeing that natural arch in the pocket provided by a center/guard who is strong enough to hold his ground and the feet to stay with all the counters after that. What I see in centers who "need to get stronger" is that they lose way too early off the snap of the ball, with the more stout centers, at least they make the defender throw a counter in there somewhere. Same with maintaining a push in the run as well, got tired of seeing Konz and Hawley getting pushed back into the backfield.

I have to admit I've only seen maybe one game where I actually paid attention to him, not to much actual tape on him though so I'm not one to really critique him yet.

Watch the game I posted above of him. He is pretty darn stout for his age playing college ball. Still every player coming into the league has things to improve on. Watch this guy when he pulls and gets to the next level. He does a great job and finishes. He looks like he is going to make a very good pro and seems to be ahead of the game mentally.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Tony Conner from Ole Miss. A lot. Physical. Lurks the middle of the field well. Good in coverage.

Jordan Lucas is another prospect. CB with size out at Penn State.

Austin Johnson as well from Penn State. Bigger interior presence that is very hard to run on. Very active and can split doubles.

Kenny Clark is another I'm watching. Big DL at UCLA. Controls the LOS well. Want to watch more of him though.