Aldon Smith

Knight of God

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/raiders-sign-former-49ers-olb-aldon-smith-per-report/ar-AAebBgA?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=mailsignout

The Oakland Raiders added former San Francisco 49ers first-team All-Pro outside linebacker Aldon Smith on a one-year deal on Friday, according to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole.

Smith, 25, was released in August by the 49ers after he was arrested for driving under the influence, committing a hit and run and vandalism. While he maintained that it wasn't a DUI and that the "truth will come out," the arrest was the last in a series of off-field troubles for Smith, including a 2013 incident when he was in a single-vehicle accident and was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of marijuana.

In 50 games and 30 starts over four seasons with the 49ers, Smith tallied 44 sacks, including 19.5 sacks in 2012 that earned him Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors.

No punishment from the league has been handed down for his most recent arrest, but he served a nine-game suspension in 2014 for his 2013 arrest, with four games for violation of the substance abuse policy and five for violation of the personal conduct policy.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Raiders were not Smith's only option and the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and St. Louis Rams were also in the running for the pass rusher.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest King Jigsaw

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Raiders were not Smith's only option and the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and St. Louis Rams were also in the running for the pass rusher.

So.. This isn't TATF?

SN: G-Dawg will be crushed.

Edited by King Jigsaw

I understand his long rap sheet and terrible off the field record, but guys with that type of talent are sometimes worth taking a chance on.

It wouldn't cost the Falcons much to grab him. I really don't understand the , " he is bad for the team's image" argument. What image do the Falcons have now other than perennial under achievers.

I'm not saying to grab every criminal they can, but sometimes the Falcons need to take a chance on talent. Not good character guys that they hope can develop talent.

The Rams?!?! Ohhhhhhh, there front 7 would be SUPA-NASTY is they had signed Aldon Smith!

But good move for the Raiders. 1 year deal......worth the risk.

And yes, THE FALCONS, should have been in on that.

But most likely, he signed with Raiders so he wouldn't have to move.

Moving might have been exactly what he needs.

Mack on one side and Smith on the other. That will be nasty as well. I would have loved to see Beasley and Smith flying off the edges.

Guest King Jigsaw

We were never going to sign him, and I think that the rational posters knew this.

Good luck to him. I hope he gets his life straight. smile.png

Also: Obligatory TATF lol

Couldn't agree more, and I had you covered. ;)

So talented, but good god this guy has some problems he needs to work out in his personal life.

Stereotypical gifted athlete who has been coddled and enabled since elementary school and it's turned him into an immature, self-centered, egotistical loser POS. I hope he ends up homeless and eating out of garbage cans.

Stereotypical gifted athlete who has been coddled and enabled since elementary school and it's turned him into an immature, self-centered, egotistical loser POS. I hope he ends up homeless and eating out of garbage cans.

How do you know he was spoiled? Typically spoiled kids DON'T work for anything and he's made it to the NFL that requires work. If anything life was hard and he wasn't taught as a kid how to act and is replicating the behavior he witnessed growing up or he has a bad influence in his life that could be causing this. You and I don't know so hop off before you attack someone like that psychologically we have no idea what he's been through and how it influences/effects him today. Edited by Yo_Lover

How do you know he was spoiled? Typically spoiled kids DON'T work for anything and he's made it to the NFL that requires work. If anything life was hard and he wasn't taught as a kid how to act and is replicating the behavior he witnessed growing up or he has a bad influence in his life that could be causing this. You and I don't know so hop off before you attack someone like that psychologically we have no idea what he's been through and how it influences/effects him today.

You liberals always have such great alibis and excuses for the guilty. Always someone else to blame.

You liberals always have such great alibis and excuses for the guilty. Always someone else to blame.

hey I'm a liberal but on this I agree with you. His problems are of his own making and aren't likely to go away since he appears to be in denial about them. My guess is he ends up like Gordon another extremely talented nutcase that can't get out of his own way in order to succeed in life

So because I disagree with you, you decide to lump me into a random group so you can discard my opinion? Sorry I find it ignorant to ASSume I know why he makes foolish decisions. Edited by Yo_Lover