Holmes Out Of Walking Boot

hjerry

We're not keeping more than 4 tackles so who gets cut?

Matthews and Schraeder are simply better players and better scheme fits.

Harris and Polumbus are Shanny's guys and brought in because they fit the scheme.

If Long signs then my guess is it would be Matthews, Long, Schraeder, Harris. None of those guys would be cut in favor of Holmes.

Both Quinn and Shanahan were praising him before he got hurt. If they wanted him gone, they could've easily cut him by now, or just him on IR.

I also find it interesting that the day Long comes in for a workout Holmes is hobbling around without a boot trying to show that he can do something. He knows that if Long is signed that's for sure the end of him as a Falcon.

This post is pure nonsense. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that you typed it while wearing a tinfoil hat.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Holmes is like a recurring nightmare. Every time I think the O-line is gonna be good Holmes comes back...

Sign Jake Long and be done with it. Holmes is a draft pick bust just like Konz. Time to move on.

honestly, I thought he did show some improvement last season. He was looking better than Garret Reynolds

Note that Long is cleared to play and Holmes is not at this time.

Are you trying to say you prefer Holmes to Long?

Guess you like this team having high draft picks.

Long isn't on a team for a reason. Holmes is still on a team for a reason. We'll both agree it's not because Holmes is a better player, so what does that leave?

Holmes doesn't count against the 53 right now, if he did he'd be gone. At the end of the 6 weeks I predict Holmes either gets an injury settlement and walks or goes to IR. He does not fit with the ZBS and Shanny has already brought in his own guys. Oh, and he sux.

Why wouldn't we have just done that already if that was the plan?

I said it already, we want to see what Harris (and apparently Long) can do.

Having options > not having options.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Either they want him on the team or they don't. If it was the latter he'd be gone and we would have found another option, Quinn has made that very clear this season.

Holmes is in the last year of his contract. If he sticks around, Atlanta would probably have to pay him like a bit more than they really want. But...Holmes is still here because someone likes what they saw in him during these OTAs and mini camps. Otherwise they could have let him go, since he will probably be gone after this year anyway.

Guest facelessman07

What a joyous day it'll be when we actually address the lines properly so we won't have to potentially count on players to save our season that are past their prime

Holmes is actually pretty well suited for playing OT in a ZBS. He moves pretty well laterally and in space, but doesn't possess the kind of raw power a traditional RT is expected to have. He was hot garbage in 2013, but was at least playing adequately before he got hurt last year. The bottom line is that he's not making much money and if they didn't like him he'd have been cut a long time ago.