Trade Question

hjerry

I've been pondering this for a while, and I was curious of the board's opinion. Looking at our RB situation, and where Shanahan has been, there are two RBs who he's been familiar with, who are both on seemingly bad teams, and in both cases, there seems to be some falling out there.

In Washington, there have been constant reports, about how the current coaching staff is just not that high on Alfred Morris. There have also been numerous reports on how high they are newly drafted Matt Jones. There has been much talk about how he was hand picked and how the coaches consider him to be their ideal back for their scheme.

In Cleveland, meanwhile, we keep hearing about how the current coaching staff doesn't really care for Isaiah Crowell. They, similarly, hand picked their own RB in Duke Johnson.

So then, my question is this:

Supposing that we were doing OK mid season near the trade deadline, and one or both of these teams were doing poorly...

If they were willing to trade their back (Morris or Crowell), but it would require our 4th round pick (leaving us with 1,2,3, and 7), would you do it?

What if it required our 3rd (leaving 1,2,4, and 7)?

Morris, but that's a long fall for him to be had for just a 4th.

The reports are that, right now, it's at best 50/50, that they resign him. If they're going to let him go anyway, then getting a 4th wouldn't be so bad. It's probably more than they'd get in a compensation pick, since he's only a 2 down back.

It would depend on our record and health status of Teco/Free.

Under the right circumstances, I would give up a 4th for Morris (not Crowell).

Well, I kinda have a follow up question to that. You see, I considered that many on here might not be as high on Crowell as Morris.

What if Cleveland traded us Crowell, and their 2016 6th, in exchange for our 2016 4th? (directed to everyone)

Well, I kinda have a follow up question to that. You see, I considered that many on here might not be as high on Crowell as Morris.

What if Cleveland traded us Crowell, and their 2016 6th, in exchange for our 2016 4th?

i personally wouldn't do it unless we were in a desperate situation. (for example: Teco and Free both injured)

Personally, I think there are probably a dozen RBs available or currently on practice squads that would return an equal or greater value than Crowell. So... there would be no reason to give up a pick.

The reports are that, right now, it's at best 50/50, that they resign him. If they're going to let him go anyway, then getting a 4th wouldn't be so bad. It's probably more than they'd get in a compensation pick, since he's only a 2 down back.

but we already don't have a 5th or 6th.....you sure you'd want to give up the 4th?

i personally wouldn't do it unless we were in a desperate situation. (for example: Teco and Free both injured)

Personally, I think there are probably a dozen RBs available or currently on practice squads that would return an equal or greater value than Crowell. So... there would be no reason to give up a pick.

The key here is Shanahan's familiarity with him. The question is less, would I as a fan do it, as much as, would I do it, if I were Shanahan?

The key here is Shanahan's familiarity with him. The question is less, would I as a fan do it, as much as, would I do it, if I were Shanahan?

Shanny only had him a year and it was a constant rotation of backs there in Cleveland. I don't think TD, Quinn, or Shanahan would want that deal.

Crowell has never even had an 100-yard game in the NFL and would be 3rd-string on the depth chart at best (not worth a 3rd/4th pick)

Morris OTOH... is a proven starting RB in this league who has never missed a start and has career 4.5 ypc avg.