Everyone's Thoughts For 2016 Decision

malak07

So this is banging around my head while bored at work.... So want to know what's everyone thoughts are as Falcon Fans

Let's say Roddy has a productive year this year stays healthy thru most of it and puts up #s like Tony G did for us those few seasons and let's say Leonard Hankerson has the best year of his career and shows his potential if healthy as well so we may have a business decision to make

Hankerson is on a 1 year deal and if he has a solid year could expect a good pay day not huge but respectable pay raise and we have White who will be 34 and financially feasible June 1st cut that would save the team a chunk of change. Would you re-sign Hankerson to a good #2 WR type deal and then proceed to cut Roddy as a long time Falcon fan the thought hurts but does make some sense?

The team would work it out to keep both. But if it comes to keeping one over the other, the team will go for upside over past performance. We've seen that with the cuts that have been made already. I think they'd give Roddy the option to restructure for a short-term contract at less money or to retire. I don't expect him to have trade value unless he balls out (~80 catches, 1,000+ yards) but we'd be foolish to let it devolve into a messy situation.

Roddy is such a competitor, I doubt he'll be one of those guys to go gently into that goodnight. He'll be a guy we have to kick out of the building. It's one of the things that made him great, but it also is sad to see when those types of competitors can't let themselves see their career is over. Think Brett Favre.

Edited by RandomFan

Roddy doesn't get cut. It's just a fact people need to come to terms with. He'll be here until he isn't productive anymore, and then he'll retire. It's not like he's making 15 mill a year either, i'm not sure why people are so interested in thinning our WR depth.

Just posed the question as seeing this new leadership definitely has not show to be timid... but the line maybe drawn at Roddy as he will go down as one of the best offensive players in Falcons history. If is here until retirement believe me it won't bother me one bit just interested to see thoughts on this subject.

Just posed the question as seeing this new leadership definitely has not show to be timid... but the line maybe drawn at Roddy as he will go down as one of the best offensive players in Falcons history. If is here until retirement believe me it won't bother me one bit just interested to see thoughts on this subject.

Roddy is still productive. As a WR2 or even WR3, he's fine. I see no issue with letting him just retire after 2017.

From what I have seen so far I believe a Mud Duck scenario is possible for Roddy after this season.

someone with a memory better than mine help me out here, but what was the deal when Tuggle resigned? I think it could be something along those lines, and I do believe it was very similar to what went down with "the mud duck", so yeah, I could see this with Roddy

Surprised by some of these. I will always love Roddy White. Everything about him appeals to me. A fierce competitor, a pro who works hard and refined his craft. I especially love his physical style & the fact that he was a two time state wrestling champ!!

But when he begins to decline, and it's the beginning stages, then he and the team need to begin to talk to one another. If he is unwilling to restructure at that stage in order to make his staying more palatable financially, then he needs to be traded for our gain.

Otherwise, my hope is that he retires in the red & black.