Levitre Restructured

OC

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Source: Falcons G Andy Levitre restructured deal upon trade. Now due $23.25 through '18 (was due $27.3M). None guaranteed past 2015.

Field Yates@FieldYates 11m

11 minutes agoNewington, CT

Levitre's base salary for 2015 is now $1.5M (down from $6.5M) as he got a $5.5M SB from ATL. That drops his cap hit from $6.5M to $2.875M.

GREAT job TD.

I wonder if Jason La Canfora is gonna post a correction to his article from the other day because he was dead wrong.

That article was hugely predicated off of Levitre's contract. We completely wiped that out. The trade was made to keep him off the market so I have no qualms about losing a late draft pick on a guy who knows how to play in this league and will help keep Matt healthy.

All signs pointed to Levitre coming on towards the end of last year, so I'm banking on that as opposed to saying he's over the hill. He just turned 30 so we can get some good years out of this.

@FieldYates: Source: Falcons G Andy Levitre restructured deal upon trade. Now due $23.25 through '18 (was due $27.3M). None guaranteed past 2015.

I don't get how this restructure is some act of genius? Levitre was scheduled to make $6.5mm/yr and the average per year goes down $1mm/yr when he was overpaid per his mkt. value by probably $2-3mm/yr.

When Falcons took the contract in the trade, the trading team (Titans) assumed all the dead money so there was no dead money. Now, with the restructure, we lowered Levitre's cap hit but he us still getting basucally same cash money this year and about $5.75mm/yr on average.

Falcons sucked in this negotiation - no other team would have given him this much money. If he would have gotten cut, he would have been lucky to get the $4.5mm that Evan Mathis got.

I don't get how this restructure is some act of genius? Levitre was scheduled to make $6.5mm/yr and the average per year goes down $1mm/yr when he was overpaid per his mkt. value by probably $2-3mm/yr.

When Falcons took the contract in the trade, the trading team (Titans) assumed all the dead money so there was no dead money. Now, with the restructure, we lowered Levitre's cap hit but he us still getting basucally same cash money this year and about $5.75mm/yr on average.

Falcons sucked in this negotiation - no other team would have given him this much money. If he would have gotten cut, he would have been lucky to get the $4.5mm that Evan Mathis got.

Link?