I Was Wrong About Paul Worrilow. He Is A Player.....

atlking

Have to give credit where credit is due. I CLOWNED him BIG TIME before the preseason games started. I was basing it on his performance last year under the Smith/Nolan regime. He proved that in THAT system, where he had to cover a lot of territory, he wasnt a good fit.

In this new system, where Quinn has obviously cut down his reads, and is not asking him to cover 15 yards down the field, the former Worrisome, has turned into a player. I saw him in preseason. I was pleasantly surprised. He played like a real MIKE linebacker and was making plays behind the line of scrimmage. He deserved to be named captain on that side of the ball.

On a side note, on the defensive side of the ball, all Quinn needs now is some depth at linebacker, and i still want at least one of the safeties upgraded. Other than that, its all good on that side of the ball with me.

dm_150814_COM_NFL_Analysis_Falcons_Wrap_

Edited by atlking

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude has been a decent player and at times one of a few bright spots over the last few years. Obviously, Nolan having him play free safety was a recipe for failure. He works hard, plays hard, and by all indications is a great teammate. He was elected by his peers as I understand it, not the coaches. I have been a fan since preaseason of what 2013(?) a Bengals game I think when me and my buddy kept saying who is this number 54(? Or whatever he wore that preaseason)

I will never be sold on Worrilow, he is sub par at best, can't get of blocks and can't cover ****. He had a mediocre rookie season and all you praise him like a god. He sucked last year and he will suck this year, no matter who the coach is and how much weight he has lost in the off season. Can't wait for the blame Smitty, Worrilow apologists.

If this was a KOG or hjerry post you'd be liking it and praising them on eating crow.

If this thread warranted a legitimate response, I'd give one. Regardless of who posted it. Nice try though, A for effort.

Oh, and props on checking in on who's posts I like and dislike. I now know where the majority of your time is allocated emot-tiphat.gif

I will never be sold on Worrilow, he is sub par at best, can't get of blocks and can't cover ****. He had a mediocre rookie season and all you praise him like a god. He sucked last year and he will suck this year, no matter who the coach is and how much weight he has lost in the off season. Can't wait for the blame Smitty, Worrilow apologists.

Have you watched any of the preseason?

He did come in his rookie season averaging 15-20 tackles a game. Now is that the end all be all? No. But at the time he was the only person tackling anyone. His coverage skills have been subpar. But Nolan tried to fit square pegs in round holes bc he was an egotistical idiot. You have to put your guys in position to succeed. U cant have all pros at every position. Some coaches understand that and play to the players strengths when they can. All u have to see is Beirman and Worrilow dropping ino a deep zone to know they weren't being placed in the right spots. He said he worked hard this offseason to get stronger to shed blocks and to improve his speed. Apparently a few guys on the team took notice and have respect for the guy, since he was voted captain. Edited by Dawggone

If this thread warranted a legitimate response, I'd give one. Regardless of who posted it. Nice try though, A for effort.

Oh, and props on checking in on who's posts I like and dislike. I now know where the majority of your time is allocated emot-tiphat.gif

I actually didn't haha just know KOG and jerry are respected by most here.

It's posters like you who make a lot of us not want to come here.

Thanks so much!!!