Paul Lasike: The Fullback I Would Like Here

Knight of God

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former BYU FB Paul Lasike has received an invite to the Atlanta Falcons minicamp for a tryout.

Lasike made a successful transition to the BYU Football team from the Cougars' rugby team, rushing for 843 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground in three seasons in Provo. Lasike contributed through the air (322 receiving yards & 2 receiving TDs), in the return game (301 return yards), and on special teams (7 tackles) as well. Lasike also won several National Championships with the BYU Rugby team.

The 5-11, 248-pound Lasike is a powerful back with great yards after contact ability. Lasike has decent speed for his size. He can be a very difficult back to bring down and could very good in short yardage and goal-line situations. He is also very good catching the ball out of the backfield. Lasike will need to improve his blocking in passing situations if he wants to stick in the NFL.

Lasike had a decent showing at his Pro Day (via nfldraftscout.com):

• 40-yard dash - 4.83
  • Vertical jump - 31 inches
  • Broad jump - 110 inches
  • 20-yard shuttle - 4.33
  • 3-cone drill - 7.23
Off-the-field, Lasike is a high character player who would be a positive in any locker room. Like many players at BYU, Lasike took two years off during his college years to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Lasike served his mission in Alabama.
Overall, Lasike is a developmental prospect at the fullback position. He'll have some work to do to make a 53-man roster, but if he can learn quickly, make the most of his tryout, and improve his blocking he'll have a shot.

But, we already have a fullback! Oh, that's right, he dropped a sure touchdown pass once.......

GO FALCONS !!!

This is the type of thing I'm talking about. You should disagree if you want to, but this is just garbage. I disliked Paul DiMarco a LONG time before that drop. Maybe when we signed him as a "camp body" then he did nothing particularly special except whiff blocks and nothing else. Then he is no help as a runner. NONE. So, all of this dropping a pass crap...that's just what keep s some folks feeling warm at night.

Thing is, maybe if we were to raise the standard anyways...who knows...

This is the type of thing I'm talking about. You should disagree if you want to, but this is just garbage. I disliked Paul DiMarco a LONG time before that drop. Maybe when we signed him as a "camp body" then he did nothing particularly special except whiff blocks and nothing else. Then he is no help as a runner. NONE. So, all of this dropping a pass crap...that's just what keep s some folks feeling warm at night.

Thing is, maybe if we were to raise the standard anyways...who knows...

Fair enough, but there must be something he does right, rather than whiff on blocks. I have seen him catch the ball well out of the backfield and engage his blocking assignments. Maybe he'll look better too when he's blocking past the line of scrimmage. BTW, the loves in my life and my hard work keep me warm at night!

GO FALCONS!!!

Fair enough, but there must be something he does right, rather than whiff on blocks. I have seen him catch the ball well out of the backfield and engage his blocking assignments. Maybe he'll look better too when he's blocking past the line of scrimmage. BTW, the loves in my life and my hard work keep me warm at night!

GO FALCONS!!!

Wasn't exact;y talking about you. I was talking about these types of sarcastic narratives. I haven't seen him do much except be below avg and if Mooney had not been hurt, DiMarco would be hanging with Hawley right now.

But, we already have a fullback! Oh, that's right, he dropped a sure touchdown pass once.......

GO FALCONS !!!

I don't really give much of a **** about how he catches passes, or even how he runs tbh. Those things are gravy for me. The thing that a FB needs to do, and do well, first and foremost, is block and open up holes in the run game. Dimarco is, at best, mediocre at this.