Quinn Addresses Roster Moves

gHost83

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long presser. Addresses battle at center. Persons will start but Stone in the mix while they bring Gino along. Impressed with Andy's quickness off the ball.

Bedwetter asks redundant questions multiple times.

Quinn said Roddy looks ready to go.

For now says roster is set but will still be open to opportunities, (ie Long)

Tevin starting because they had a good look at him in preseason.

More stuff included. Give it a look yourselves.

Long presser. Addresses battle at center. Persons will start but Stone in the mix while they bring Gino along. Impressed with Andy's quickness off the ball.

someone better put a suicide watch out on our resident stone lover, He can falsely gloat about stone winning over hawley all he wants to, but the facts are the knee injury was got hawley, not getting 'beat out' of his position.

Glad to see quinn addressing things, still have to say I do like that there only seems to be one of mike smiths sacred cows left, but man I wish they hadn't waited until the week before the first game to make that cut.

Quinn is kind of putting out the spin here, re shuffling the OL this close to the first game with no ability to play them in a game together is very troubling. We needed to do this earlier in the pre season to give the unit a couple of games experience playing together.

Edited by MAD597

Frustrated that nobody asked "Coach, how in the **** could you keep Kroy Bierman on this team."

Not because I think it's an appropriate question, but because it would have been laugh.png

There were so many questions to ask they probably forgot. But on to that, Schofield will start and Reed will back up. Quinn also stated that Reed never was scheduled to go on IR. That was all speculation.

Edit: Got mixed up here, meant Beirmann will back up.

Edited by gHost83

Quinn is kind of putting out the spin here, re shuffling the OL this close to the first game with no ability to play them in a game together is very troubling. We needed to do this earlier in the pre season to give the unit a couple of games experience playing together.

this is my utmost complaint. I guess they needed to actually see it live with their own eyes instead of just on film and that's why the second rounder was used on another 'project cb' that wasn't really needed instead of addressing the very needy oline

There were so many questions to ask they probably forgot. But on to that, Schofield will start and Reed will back up. Quinn also stated that Reed never was scheduled to go on IR. That was all speculation.

I never figured they would. In fact, when the reports came out I was irritated because I thought it meant his timetable was extended.

If it really is a 6 week recovery, that means he could be back by game 4 or 5 if he's on the 53. As in, back in a game. Putting him on IR w/ designation to return means he can't practice until after week 6 and can't play until week 8.

this is my utmost complaint. I guess they needed to actually see it live with their own eyes instead of just on film and that's why the second rounder was used on another 'project cb' that wasn't really needed instead of addressing the very needy oline

I don't think that's a valid complaint WRT Collins. If the board fell out that way, I have no problem taking a player they ranked higher over a position of need. It demonstrates a departure in philosophy for Dimitroff, but I'd much rather take the better player than grab an o-lineman without regard to whether the o-lineman is anywhere near the value of the project corner.

Hageman was a project last season. I'm pretty dang glad to have him on the team. If Collins does anywhere near as well, you'll thank them for it in a couple of seasons.

Also, We really know the real reason Tone was cut. At the end of the presser, Bedwetter asks how Therezie and Ward made the team. First thing coach touched on was Wards attention to detail and his ability to pass protect. We all know Tone had issues with that and combined with his injury, was the last straw IMO.

Persons starting means Fletcher Cox might have a huge day smh

i like the fact that he made a change after the game against MIA. If this was Smitty's team we would roll into the season with that same o-line. I think Quinn is basically saying we never got it right during the preseason and now we are going to go with what we feel is the best guys to win. They are making some moves to hopefully figure it out. I think this is better then trying to force a certain group to preform after knowing they can't. they brought in veterans to hopefully provide some sort of cohesion. I think its obvious they dont have the guys they really want but what can you do at this point, but bring guys in that IF there number gets called they can step in and play. Wouldn't be surprised if we make a trade sometime. I also think the jake long thing is all but done. He just needs to show up and be able to run the whole work out and he will get signed and start pushing for a starting job.