Why The Falcons Offense Isn't Doomed This Season.

falconidae

1.All the Oline changes only swapped injured back ups for healthy back ups. Starters have been playing together for a while.

2. Falcons were effective in preseason in short yardage situations-they scored a rushing TD every time they tried to, and converted several 3rd and 1s for first downs

3. We're used to the OC abandoning the run the first time it doesn't work, Shanahan won't.

4. Already faced the best DLine we'll see all year.

5. Haven't seen the full offense at any point of the preseason.

6. Scheme will make a ton of difference. D will not be able to tell run/pass by formation. That will slow down the rush.

7. Shanahan will use TEs and FBs much more than Koetter did. I expect a lot of 2 WR, 2 TE and RB early. Or 2 WR, TE, FB, RB.

8. People forget how good Ryan is at play action.

9. People forget how good Ryan is. He's in a scheme that plays to his strengths- quick decisions, accurate throws to 35-40 yards out. He'll make the Oline look better than it is.

All that being said, first couple of games may be hard to watch,but by the middle of the season, this could be a really good offense. Maybe even earlier.

I think you're right on here. Ryan is an elite qb and elite qb's give you a chance to win much more than non elites, which the NFL is full of. Our Defense will create a lot of turnovers and opportunity. We saw in the Preseason how much of a change we've made in regards to pressure and speed. Our linebackers are much improved with Durant really providing a thumper in the middle and Worrilow is able to react, make plays with the d line push.

This falcons team will be better than last years by a large margin. Last year we gave up 2 or 3 games with foolish mistakes. We would have gone 9-7, 10-6 with a little help from the Injury gods. We have a better scheme and lots more talent this year. Should be fun.

4. Already faced the best DLine we'll see all year.

I think Clowney and JJ Watt might disagree with you come October 4th.

Clowney had microfracture surgery- which is the last gasp, maybe you can play with this, surgery. He also hasn't played a down of regular season football yet.

You must have missed the Miami game. If we're starting that group again we're in trouble.

You mean the game where none of the starting skill position players played? And the one where they played the best DLine they'll face all year?

#4 - and what happened when they faced what is going to be one of the top Dlines in the league? they got manhandled, pushed around like 5th graders and destroyed so quickly that the coaches pulled the prized possession franchise QB out of the game to keep him from getting hurt.

so what happens when we face another of the top Dlines TWICE this year, are we pulling matt out to keep him safe and conceding those games?

how about the other games against teams like NYG, Texans? two more concession games there? then there's always the two games against the team that hates us as much as we hate them, that line down in the swamp hasn't looked like the 2nd and 3rd string pushovers our oline group had to face to be dominant....

4 wins this year IF we somehow get 2 gift wins. we'll start the season at 0-6 or 0-7, and no we won't have a strong enough late season surge to run off 8-9-10 wins in a row

My confidence in quinn has taken a serious shot, based on knowing how obviously bad this line was and not doing more, and doing it SOONER than now

#4 - and what happened when they faced what is going to be one of the top Dlines in the league? they got manhandled, pushed around like 5th graders and destroyed so quickly that the coaches pulled the prized possession franchise QB out of the game to keep him from getting hurt.

so what happens when we face another of the top Dlines TWICE this year, are we pulling matt out to keep him safe and conceding those games?

how about the other games against teams like NYG, Texans? two more concession games there? then there's always the two games against the team that hates us as much as we hate them, that line down in the swamp hasn't looked like the 2nd and 3rd string pushovers our oline group had to face to be dominant....

4 wins this year IF we somehow get 2 gift wins. we'll start the season at 0-6 or 0-7, and no we won't have a strong enough late season surge to run off 8-9-10 wins in a row

My confidence in quinn has taken a serious shot, based on knowing how obviously bad this line was and not doing more, and doing it SOONER than now

Didn't have any of the top position skill players in that game, didn't game plan,were still experimenting with different combos.

Results could be a lot different with a full offense and a game plan going in.

I am really only concerned about center. I think Levitre will be fine, and ready to play week 1. I think we may not hit our stride until week 4 or so with the line though. Center is going to be the issue. I like Person's protection better than Stone, but his snapping is scary.

I am really only concerned about center. I think Levitre will be fine, and ready to play week 1. I think we may not hit our stride until week 4 or so with the line though. Center is going to be the issue. I like Person's protection better than Stone, but his snapping is scary.

how many fumbled snaps or bad exchanges were there with him in the game? did he start at C with Matt in the miami game? there were none there, of course they yanked matt out pretty quickly to keep him from getting killed.

yeah, so what that there were no starting skill position guys out there, by that you mean JJ and Roddy, guess what, Matt didn't have time with the way the miami D manhandled our interior line, it wouldn't have mattered if we'd have had randy moss, jerry rice, megatron and JJ all out there. Mitchell threw stone and pushed him around like the weaka$$ he is. His failures in the weight room really showed up against a real man. Now convince me he's actually going to block better when he's put at center, where instead of JUST focusing on blocking like a guard does, he'll have to hike the ball and THEN try to block? I hope to God chester and levitre are as good as covering up his weak a$$ as aso and blaylock were last year

sad part is, I am becoming more positive on this team than I am negative.

Yes our offensive line is this team's greatest weakness, but our defense has improved greatly.

Our coaches are no longer accepting garbage play on the offensive line they are holding people accountable. Our offensive line will be raw early on but will improve greatly by seasons end.

They understand that you got to tear things down sometimes, to build it up and its a great approach.

our team is better today than it was in 2014, and has a lot of potential to greatly improve this year.