Should We Be Looking At Fullbacks?

hjerry

So, I think that it's fairly obvious, to most at least, that Mooney was going to win the starting FB job. In about every conceivable way, he was beating out Dimarco. He was just unfortunate enough, to get injured, almost immediately, after getting his amazing TD rescue.

So then, since Dimarco, imo, only made it b/c his competition is on IR, and since we seem to be in the nobody is safe, cut anybody, mood, I'm wondering if we may be looking to upgrade at FB.

In all honesty, I hope that we are. I consider Dimarco serviceable at best, and more of a ST player, than a good lead blocker.

Here are a few options. Feel free to tell me if you know of any better.

Trey Milliard - kind of a gadget player, recently released

Joey Iosefa - drafted this year and subsequently waived by the Bucs, already had 2 workouts with the Pats, Samoan

Kiero Small - Battering Ram, drafted by Seahawks during Morgan's only year there

Henry Hynoski - Hynosarus, former Giant, veteran

John Conner - Terminator, former Jet, another veteran

What happened to Maurice Hagens? Haven't heard from him since we cut him last year. I liked him coming out of miami, but didnt make it. Wish we could have brought him in this year, but he may be eating chips & playing video games now. Maybe he didnt have it up stairs.

You answered your own question lol

I wish there were more FB to look at but sadly that position is now just an urban legend. The good ones are super hard to find. We might as well use some fat boy TE at the FB. At least he won't drop a wide open pass on the one yard line in the flats.

Actually there are players like Joe Don Duncan and Brad Smelley available, who are converted TEs. Duncan was actually the favorite to start in Denver, but was beat out by another TE, James Casey.

Having DiMarco means we will have to get a new FB by game 2. I wanna throw Paul Lasike's name in the mix of possible FBs

That guy Lasike had potential. I think it would be smart to have a

guy on the practice squad with upside potential. DiMarco

is a finished product. He is a solid player but it would be nice

to have somebody we are bringing along.

Edited by HOYLE

I'm definitely concerned with what happens if DiMarco gets injured. We don't even have anyone on the PS who can fill in.

Normally when you have 2 FBs in camp you cut one or put him on the PS, but because Mooney got injured we don't have any guy we can pick up who knows our system.

Seriously, if DiMarco gets injured Shanahan will have to run without a FB for the rest of the game. Even worse, who would be ready the following Sunday?

So, I think that it's fairly obvious, to most at least, that Mooney was going to win the starting FB job. In about every conceivable way, he was beating out Dimarco. He was just unfortunate enough, to get injured, almost immediately, after getting his amazing TD rescue.

So then, since Dimarco, imo, only made it b/c his competition is on IR, and since we seem to be in the nobody is safe, cut anybody, mood, I'm wondering if we may be looking to upgrade at FB.

In all honesty, I hope that we are. I consider Dimarco serviceable at best, and more of a ST player, than a good lead blocker.

Here are a few options. Feel free to tell me if you know of any better.

Trey Milliard - kind of a gadget player, recently released

Joey Iosefa - drafted this year and subsequently waived by the Bucs, already had 2 workouts with the Pats, Samoan

Kiero Small - Battering Ram, drafted by Seahawks during Morgan's only year there

Henry Hynoski - Hynosarus, former Giant, veteran

John Conner - Terminator, former Jet, another veteran

We really do need a back-up FB ---- DiMarco could go down at any time!

Hynosarus or J. Conner --- either one works for me!

Bring him home TD ---