I'm Not Sure Quinn Liked The Talent He Inherited

Everyone complained about the Oline last year. He cuts them and now everyone complains about the cuts....go figure

Who? Exactly WHO is complaining? I haven't combed through every thread like I usually do (been sick as a dog with a chest infection). So if there really are complainers, I am curious who they are. Cutting a C who was never more than reasonably adequate when healthy, who is now a self-professed 80%-90%, is a pretty good move.

Signing or trading for loser schlubs who couldn't keep their jobs with their previous teams is a highly suspect move, but honestly: can they do much worse than the guys we had in the Dolphins game?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can blame a couple moves on scheme change, a few on the Pete Carroll turnover influence, but he must not have been impressed by the roster he inherited. Buddy came in and dam near cleaned house. He's already turned over nearly 50% of the roster, and might not be done.

Brawley, Asa, Blalock, Tone, Dougle, SJax, Peters, Featherspoon, Osi, Arenas, Mass Transit, Babe Carimi, King Konz, Lowery, Bobby Mac, Quizzonator, Shemble, Ponga, Bear, Martino, Clip Matthews, Wilson, Spruill, Jacques, Jerome and E.J. Yates are gone folks.

We could have more than ten new starters next Monday. Levitre, Person, Chester, Hank, Tamme, Beasley, Clayborn, Schofield, Durant, Allen and Adams. Many TATFers said we had plenty talent last year, but misplaced it. LMAO. We still might have gaps at OT, TE, LB and FS.

It's Quinn's team can't run around and say it's a great hire, then disregard who he wants to keep and who he wants to get rid of. Not that I'm not going WTF on some of them, LOL but I got to see them on the field under fire for half a season or more. Besides for me thats what the off season is for now they got their 53 I'm gonna say all right lets see what you got. They got a **** good test with Eagles coming in on next Monday

Not to mention I joined Fan Duel and now I'm addicted LOL, but it ain't easy putting together a line with a cap, my locks didn't do as well as my line ups I was screwing around with LOL atleast on the NCAA picks of course they did freeze out Tech this week,but still. LOL anybody got a good line up next week NCAA, NFL let me know I'll play it. But it's a helluva lot of fun. Taysom Hill getting injures didn't help

This message board is hilarious! Guys ***** that we're not doing anything to improve the OL. The Falcons go out and make moves to try to improve the OL and guys ***** that all the players they're bringing in sucks and that we should just keep the guys we have. Absolutely hilarious!

Levitre as an improvement, ok I can buy that. Don't know enough about this new center yet to know if that will be an improvement, I really suspect it's more of a step sideways from Hawley. Person, hmmmm, have you actually seen him play? chester? again at best, a step sideways, though since it's now obvious Asomoah never fully recovered from the ankle and then had a hip injury to put him on IR, we really don't know that chester would have won that job or not.

it's not the fact of changing out pieces, it's just that the replacement pieces don't really look to be improvements, at best they look to be lateral moves.

I'm more ticked about the 2nd rounder being used on a 'project' player at a position we really didn't need to spend a high pick on instead of picking up a much needed piece for the Oline..........

I know what you mean FFS70, when we watch them play next Monday night we'll be saying who was that, because that's Ole so and so number. It kinda like rebuilding a high performance motor, you have to remove the old parts and replace them with new ones. Every thing has to match for what you trying to build and if it don't, then you're wasting your time. And when you do get it built there's a lot of fine tuning. Quinn said we wasn't rebuilding, but with this kind of turn over it is.

We have several expiring contracts to address next year. Clayborn, Chester, Warlow, Bradford, Allen, Beer, Shredder and a half dozen others.

Roddy, Free and Tru may still be banged up, so there could be more. Don't be shocked if we open with more than ten new starters.

50% churn? Not a much used concept by many teams.

We didn't have 50% churn this year. But if you look at every time we switched schemes or coaches, we added a lot of new players. ****, we typically have 6 new guys just with the draft. Then you add in Free Agents we sign. We easily have 25% churn every year. That's 13 new guys making the 53 every year.

We've added Beasley, Durant, and Reed to the defense. Everyone else that is a starter on defense was here last season. On offense it's Coleman, Tamme, Chester, and Levitre. Every other starter was on the team last season. Counting guys starting due to injury is misleading. That is not Quinn replacing a starter or being unhappy with what he inherited.

We didn't have 50% churn this year. But if you look at every time we switched schemes or coaches, we added a lot of new players. ****, we typically have 6 new guys just with the draft. Then you add in Free Agents we sign. We easily have 25% churn every year. That's 13 new guys making the 53 every year.

We've added Beasley, Durant, and Reed to the defense. Everyone else that is a starter on defense was here last season. On offense it's Coleman, Tamme, Chester, and Levitre. Every other starter was on the team last season. Counting guys starting due to injury is misleading. That is not Quinn replacing a starter or being unhappy with what he inherited.

*Clayborn

42% is way more than 25% of your 53 man roster. Let's wait and see who starts next Monday. If we come out in a nickel defense and line up in a four wide set on offense, we could easily have 50% churn on the starting 22 with Clayborn, Beasley, Schofield, Durant, Adams, Levitre, Chester, Tamme, Coleman, Hank and Hardy trotting out there. Plus Person or Grad may beat Stone out at center. If Matthews and Tru are still injured, we could shoot up to 64% churn on our starting 22.

When you like something, it's Quinn.

When you don't like something, it's Dimitroff.

People need to understand that Quinn decides who stays and goes on this roster . I know this is something we aren't used to because Smith didn't have that ability but still.

And it's completely understandable why posters want to blame Dimitroff. He is one of the reasons why this roster ended up being such a mess.

Edited by ZoneOne01

People need to understand that Quinn decides who stays and goes on this roster . I know this is something we aren't used to because Smith didn't have that ability but still.

And it's completely understandable why posters want to blame Dimitroff. He is one of the reasons why this roster ended up being such a mess.

Agree, but I do think Duff has a point. Because they don't pay Hawley that money unless the old staff says "we need him." While I agree Quinn is doing the cutting these days, I don't buy for a second that Joe Hawley was foisted on the old staff in a "you'll take him and you'll like it" fashion. Or Sam Baker. They had some say on the roster, certainly with regard to which RFAs and UFAs they wanted to re-sign.

Are you expecting several injuries? 5 of those guys are not projected starters. Person, Hankerson, Clayborn, Schofield, and Adams are not projected to be starters. Though Clayborn looks like he should be. And Allen was on the team last season, so not sure why he's on your list of 10.

He likes to fluff up numbers to make it seem like a bigger deal.

He routinely does that.