Stanley Jean-Baptiste

KRUNKuno

Saints cut Baptiste. He's a 6'3" 218lbs cornerback that was a 2nd round pick last year.

From my research, Baptiste was in Payton's doghouse. He's allegedly been burned a few times this preseason, although reports differ as to who's fault it was. But the caveat is that he only played 18 snaps last year...not nearly enough playing time to feel comfortable on an nfl field.

In college at Nebraska Baptiste was very good. He was a physical ballhawk on the outside. Reports from this year is that he was on the up and up until a few preseason mistakes got him chewed out by Payton.

This to me looks like a classic example of a player over thinking by not having the backing of his coaches. Since Quinn has been here we have heard nothing but raving reviews about how he allows you to mess up, and how our prior staff lamented mistakes. I believe Baptiste could benefit from being in a new environment like the one we have here.

Plus he'd be able to say suck it saints twice a year.

Thoughts?

We already have that guy, he's named Southward. Except South smells better because he hasn't been living in the bayou.

Southward was a nobody nothing in college. 90% of us still wonder why we even drafted him. He wasnt even supposed to get drafted until the 5th round at the earliest, and most pundits barely had him on their boards. Edited by THAKRUNK1RETURNS

Southward was a nobody nothing in college. 90% dtill wonder why we even drafted him. He wasnt even supposed to get drafted until the 5th round at the earliest, and most pundits barely had him on their boards.

I don't care about college, this is the NFL. Collins is also very similar to Baptiste if you prefer that. We don't need another prototypically sized CB that needs a lot of development.

Southward was a nobody nothing in college. 90% of us still wonder why we even drafted him. He wasnt even supposed to get drafted until the 5th round at the earliest, and most pundits barely had him on their boards.

And yet hes on a 53 and SJB isnt. I think someone will claim him though.

Edited by FentayeJones

I don't care about college, this is the NFL. Collins is also very similar to Baptiste if you prefer that. We don't need another prototypically sized CB that needs a lot of development.

I would drop Southward who's only getting a pass because he just made the transition to corner.

Baptiste made the transition from receiver to corner while at nebraska. I'd say that's more difficult than making a move from safety to corner where Southward is stinking it all the way up.