Matt Cassel Released

WiscoFalcon

We need to get talking ASAP. He's the answer to out back up problems.

The Bills have released five players including QB Matt Cassel:

We need to get talking ASAP. He's the answer to our back up problems.

The Bills have released five players including QB Matt Cassel:

Guest Mr Plow

Cassel is an immediate upgrade .... no .. HUGE upgrade over Renfree and would actually give us a chance if Matt had to come out short term. I'd be on it faster than a chewin' man could spit.

He's obviously better than Renfree but d@mn everyone is backup qb crazy this offseason.

nah, he really isn't. Whats the point in having a mediocre backup with no upside. If he actually has to play we are ****** one way or another. Whoever is holding the clipboard right now, does not matter.

Matt Cassel can actually be the QB on the field when your team gets a "W". If Matt goes down now for more than 2 games, season is over.

if you think any QB on the market right now can win us games if Matt goes down, you are delusional. Season will go as far as Matt takes it.

read what I wrote and respond - not to what you glanced at, made a wrong assumption and popped off about.

I read the second part, but the first makes no sense. Cassel is a liability, just like TJ Yates.

A Sean Payton favorite, but they drafted a QB RT @nick_underhill: Ryan Griffin has been released

Anyone like this kid?

PS candidate?

Matt Cassel can actually be the QB on the field when your team gets a "W". If Matt goes down now for more than 2 games, season is over.

Plenty of backup QBs have come in & turned out to be solid... including Matt Cassel.

When Bledsoe went down, the Pats probably thought they were screwed because an unproven late round pick named Tom Brady was the backup. That worked out ok for them I think.

When Brady went down, Cassel who had done nothing in the NFL was his backup. He did great that season & was decent as a starter in KC.

When Trent Green got hurt, the Rams thought they were done. Their backup was an arena league guy who was working in a grocery store a few weeks earlier. That worked out pretty well, too.

When Warner got hurt, Mark Bulger came in and did just fine.

Not saying Renfree could/would have that kind of impact, but you never know.

I read the second part, but the first makes no sense. Cassel is a liability, just like TJ Yates.

PS candidate?

It was clear. Matt Cassel is good enough to captain the ship if your defense and running game are working. Cassel could make enough plays to help Falcons win. He is not good enough to out and out win games on superior ability but he can game manage Falcons to a win against the bottom 20 teams in the NFL if the rest of our team plays well. Capeche'?

Plenty of backup QBs have come in & turned out to be solid... including Matt Cassel.

When Bledsoe went down, the Pats probably thought they were screwed because an unproven late round pick named Tom Brady was the backup. That worked out ok for them I think.

When Brady went down, Cassel who had done nothing in the NFL was his backup. He did great that season & was decent as a starter in KC.

When Trent Green got hurt, the Rams thought they were done. Their backup was an arena league guy who was working in a grocery store a few weeks earlier. That worked out pretty well, too.

When Warner got hurt, Mark Bulger came in and did just fine.

Not saying Renfree could/would have that kind of impact, but you never know.

I get what you are saying, but usually knows what they have in a player at least a little.

Us signing Rex Grossman tells me that they aren't confident in Renfree.