Antone Smith Cut

atljbo

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why is everyone in love with ward what has he done he had one half decent game against the ravens. dude is mediocre at best

I'm not, personally. He fumbles too much. But he's young and healthy and apparently the staff thinks he can be coached up. I saw the writing on the wall when Tone got hurt and Ward got all the playing time in the 3rd and 4th games.

I wanted Jerome Smith to make the team, personally. We don't have a bigger back and IMHO we need one, especially at the goal line.

Well, looks like Freeman will be the star of this show for certain... I'm completely shocked by this though. I can't believe it. Quinn probably did this to keep more DB's on the squad.

Or more receivers. All fringe guys made a legitimate case for themselves.

Hester showed that return ability

Williams is tough as nails and showed good hands.

Mitchell showed great hands to go with his size and speed.

Along with the given julio, roddy, hank, hardy thats 7 receivers. But with Julio often dinged up, roddy always dinged up, and hank always dinged up keeping 7 receivers may not be a bad idea.

EDIT: forgot about Weems, too. Although I dont really see him making it.

Edited by THAKRUNK1RETURNS

why is everyone in love with ward what has he done he had one half decent game against the ravens. dude is mediocre at best

gotta put your personal feelings aside and think about how the staff MAY feel about certain players. Ward has pretty much been the main guy the entire preseason. He's had to have done enough for THEM in practice and during the games to warrant a roster spot IF he makes the team

The guy cant stay healthy. He's been dinged up ever since he got here. He showed his worth though and hopefully some team will take a flier on him and sign him.

Thanks Antone.

WTF No way! The guy was only injured twice in his career! It was not due to injuries. smh. was my favorite Falcon and was a lock at RB. Played well in the preseason until his Hamstring injury. Won't believe it til I see it Official.

like I said, you have to put your own feelings aside. I know that's difficult to do because you wanna complain right now but it would help you get over it if you tried to do that

Im just stating the obvious and the stats back it up he is a mediocre rb that prob wont make the team, there will be better cheap options that get cut from other teams

Im just stating the obvious and the stats back it up he is a mediocre rb that prob wont make the team, there will be better cheap options that get cut from other teams

and I'm stating the obvious, coaching staffs normally have different views of players than fans do, see kroy biermann. It's nothing you can do about it besides complain but it is what it is

These final cuts always surprise and disappoint to some degree. Smith does seem to have recurring hammy issues. He's great when healthy but this is the right move considering his health issues....

Ugh... Tone has not had injurey problem 1st injury was last year with a broken leg, this was a hammy.