Christian Ponder

Sheldon Cooper

We'll see. I bet Renfree ends up on PS though.

That just wouldn't make sense. Yates and grossman were cut who've been in this system. You'd send the only guy that has been thru training camp in this system to PS for a guy that hasn't taken one snap in shanny's system? Just doesn't make sense. Renfree hasn't played as bad as folks make it seem. He also hasn't played with Julio and roddy which would make his game better. First off let's stop putting so much stock in back up qb's like we're expecting Matt Ryan to get hurt? I never ever ever ever ever think those kind of thoughts. I never think, speak, and feel negative energy like that. Renfree is just as good as ponder if you ask me. He's never won sh*t like renfree. And he's played with arguably the best back in the league and STILL got cut. TWICE!! Just don't make good sense.

That just wouldn't make sense. Yates and grossman were cut who've been in this system. You'd send the only guy that has been thru training camp in this system to PS for a guy that hasn't taken one snap in shanny's system? Just doesn't make sense. Renfree hasn't played as bad as folks make it seem. He also hasn't played with Julio and roddy which would make his game better. First off let's stop putting so much stock in back up qb's like we're expecting Matt Ryan to get hurt? I never ever ever ever ever think those kind of thoughts. I never think, speak, and feel negative energy like that. Renfree is just as good as ponder if you ask me. He's never won sh*t like renfree. And he's played with arguably the best back in the league and STILL got cut. TWICE!! Just don't make good sense.

Exactly. Ponder is no better than Renfree, one could say Renfree is probably better.

I can promise you Renfree has had far better people around him to learn from... David Cutcliffe, Matt Ryan, the Mannings, etc.

I know that. But it's not all about that. You've got to actually have the talent to pull it off too. It does you no good to have the best coaching in the world if you don't have the talent to actually pull it off.

I know that. But it's not all about that. You've got to actually have the talent to pull it off too. It does you no good to have the best coaching in the world if you don't have the talent to actually pull it off.

the only real knock on Renfree is that he doesn't have exceptional arm strength. However, in a WCO like ours, it is far more important to have a QB who has great accuracy than one with a cannon for an arm. Renfree is extremely accurate, and is perfect for a system like ours, he just needs to get playing time with better players & against better players so he can finally develop. With Yates finally out of the way, he should quickly improve.

This thread was inevitable, but what's funny about it is that I actually have Ponder as my no.2 in Madden 16. The irony of him being our backup would be bittersweet to me. That being said, I hope to god Julio can miraculously tranfsorm into Adrian Peterson and rush 2k yards if Ryan gets hurt with Ponder as our backup.

All I'm saying is that Renfree IS a #3 practice squad caliber slash skill level QB. Ponder has started games and has some mobility thus could fare much better in a handful of games in Ryans absence. Renfree should accomplish much more than he does given all the mentors that have been named.

I never said I liked Grossman or that he would be the #2 QB. I said even then what I'm saying now which is that Renfree should be cut and signed to the PS to make way for a vet QB like Ponder, EJ Manuel, etc.