***update*** Will The Levitre Signing Land Stone On Practice Squad Where He Belongs?

gazoo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see now why try didn't cut Stone, or stock him on he practice squad. It makes sense now knowing coaches felt Hawley wa not going to recover from that vicious knee injury.

Hate to see injuries cost good players their jobs, especially when inferior players wait in the wings to step in. . But I also like to see our new regime not &@@"ing around, we may very well be targeting another center outside the roster.

GOOD PLAYER HAWLEY HA!!!! He was constany abused never could block

One on one where have you been last two years

Which means if we bring in a backup OG who knows the ZBS, bye bye Stone.

And who knows what would happen if we signed Long. Possible that if we sign Long Harris slides over to OG (his college position) and bye bye Stone again.

Seeing Stone relegated to backup OG is not a good sign for him and much more backs up where you and I stood on his talent level than those proclaiming he was starter material at OC.

In fact, some pulled their pud a little too quickly yesterday when they saw Hawley get cut due to injury and assumed Stone would be stepping in a starting OC.

On another note, my deepest sympathies go out to R The Great, who's chest pounding post yesterday prematurely celebrating Stone as the next Jeff Van Note has blown up in his face.

Seeing Stone relegated to backup OG is not a good sign for him and much more backs up where you and I stood on his talent level than those proclaiming he was starter material at OC.

In fact, some pulled their pud a little too quickly yesterday when they saw Hawley get cut due to injury and assumed Stone would be stepping in a starting OC.

On another note, my deepest sympathies go out to R The Great, who's chest pounding post yesterday prematurely celebrating Stone as the next Jeff Van Note has blown up in his face.

What a hater, grow up. Your boy Hawley got cut. Get over it. Be a man and accept it.

Don't be MAD now. Cause if your getting MAD, than I win on all levels.

Edited by R_The_Great

Which means if we bring in a backup OG who knows the ZBS, bye bye Stone.

And who knows what would happen if we signed Long. Possible that if we sign Long Harris slides over to OG (his college position) and bye bye Stone again.

this goes right along my line of thought as well........

Kinda the way I'm thinking too. Too much money plus injury for Hawley put his neck on the chopping block first. The way I see it is Stone has on foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

Lol

Yeah, the $3 Mill way too much considering he was having major complications from that vicious knee injury that ripped out 2 knee ligaments. That injury may be a career ender for Hawley.

Earl Mitchell can beat the entire OL singlehanded.

Wake is a better player hands down than Mitchell, and Jake held him off the entire game except for a late *** sack he managed on Ryan after the pocket collapsed and Matt had to run up into him. I'm sure at that point Jake had already assumed Matt got rid of the ball or was sacked since the entire Dline was behind them 2 lol...

I have to say at this point in time it Stone by a long way.

In saying this I can't wait for MNF in the end just get me 5 guys who are going to do ajob and I'm happy.

Well Pebbles was getting destroyed the whole Miami game. There's three gifs floating around here from three different plays that just leave you shaking your head. Person held up well blocking Suh.

Well Pebbles was getting destroyed the whole Miami game. There's three gifs floating around here from three different plays that just leave you shaking your head. Person held up well blocking Suh.

That doesn't include the one of him getting completely forklifted by mitchell, and the one of him missing the block for the safety in the jets game either

That doesn't include the one of him getting completely forklifted by mitchell, and the one of him missing the block for the safety in the jets game either

Those plays all happened with him playing LG. James Stone is not a guard.

Those plays all happened with him playing LG. James Stone is not a guard.

now now now, I beg to differ, but one of R's greatest arguments was that hawley could ONLY Play one position, center (even though he DID actually play guard for us a few years ago) and that Pebbles CAN PLAY all three interior positions. He said that multiple times. Also, further that with the post above, pebbles is ONLY listed as a guard. If he was all that and a bag of chips at center like some of you are claiming, why oh why isn't he listed as such by the coaches?

now now now, I beg to differ, but one of R's greatest arguments was that hawley could ONLY Play one position, center (even though he DID actually play guard for us a few years ago) and that Pebbles CAN PLAY all three interior positions. He said that multiple times. Also, further that with the post above, pebbles is ONLY listed as a guard. If he was all that and a bag of chips at center like some of you are claiming, why oh why isn't he listed as such by the coaches?

R picked one of the better UDFA to hitch his wagon to, I'll give him that. However, what's always made him such a joke is his odd language and how exaggerated and over-serious he is about Stone. I mean, I don't want to tease him about it because I feel like it would further demoralize him but then again he kind of asked for it with his bold predictions and insulting the entire board for being Hawley lovers.

I'm not a Stone fan so don't come at me with that BS. I just don't think he's complete trash at the center position and I believe him to be better than Person.