***update*** Will The Levitre Signing Land Stone On Practice Squad Where He Belongs?

gazoo

According to the new rules, Stone can be placed on the practice squad this year to give him a chance to work on his game.

According to the new NFL rules, "a player can be eligible if he does not have an accrued season in the NFL, although the NFL has now approved a maximum of two spots on the PS for players with no more than two accrued seasons. To have an accrued season, you have to be active for at least six regular-season games. A player can also go to the practice squad with an accrued season provided they were on the 45-man active roster for less than nine-regular season games."

This begs the question, who thinks Stone is headed for the practice squad?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing is Chester is a better run blocker than asa. That's probably why asa lost his job. Shanny needs the run game to give balance so he can utilize play action.

I'm not so sure. after watching Chester they pretty much are neck and neck except I never saw Asa get manhandled. look at that Coleman run before the Mooney fumble TD. that was some horrible run blocking but Coleman still managed to push his was for a 3 or 4 yard gain

I'm not so sure. after watching Chester they pretty much are neck and neck except I never saw Asa get manhandled. look at that Coleman run before the Mooney fumble TD. that was some horrible run blocking but Coleman still managed to push his was for a 3 or 4 yard gain

That was on the left side. Persons side. Stone and persons was responsible for that lane.

That was on the left side. Persons side. Stone and persons was responsible for that lane.

Stone and Chester both got pushed back, Polumbus got handled, Person actually rebounded and Coleman went behind him. if Stone & Chester go forward at all Coleman had a better chance of getting in on the first try. I'm ok with Chester because he's played in Shanahan's system but he hasn't impressed me at all

Stone should be the starting Center. He shouldn't be playing guard at all.

It should be Matthews, Levitre, Stione, Asomoah, Schraeder.

I'd personally rather the line be:

Matthews -- Levitre -- Chester -- Asamoah -- Schraeder

Yes, Chester has experience playing C and his mobility would be better there than the other options outside of Hawley, who isn't 100%.

But to address the original question, something will have to give somewhere. We will keep 5 interior OL's on our roster, and no more. If we say that Chester, Levitre, and Hawley are locks (which they are), then that only leaves 2 open spots between Asamoah, Stone, and Person.

One of Asamoah, Stone, or Person are going to get the axe. Obviously Asamoah is looking like the most likely candidate, for some still unknown and ridiculous reason. If we don't see an Asamoah trade by 4pm today, then Stone going to the practice squad could be a distinct possibility. People that think Stone would never make it through waivers greatly overestimate his value. We were forced to trade for Levitre for a reason, and it wasn't because Stone was balling out.

I'm actually very curious to see how it all shakes out between those 3 players by cutdown time Saturday. Should be interesting.

Stone and Chester both got pushed back, Polumbus got handled, Person actually rebounded and Coleman went behind him. if Stone & Chester go forward at all Coleman had a better chance of getting in on the first try. I'm ok with Chester because he's played in Shanahan's system but he hasn't impressed me at all

Well that's the negative in a zbs. Short yardage can be an issue. They're not power blockers. Including asa. The good thing is there's always a cutback lane as demonstrated by Coleman on his long runs. That's why I'm not concerned. The other backs like I stated before just missed opportunities and cutback lanes. On a zbs we will have to expect a lot of negative plays. BUT...there will be a lot of explosive chunky plays.

I'd personally rather the line be:

Matthews -- Levitre -- Chester -- Asamoah -- Schraeder

Yes, Chester has experience playing C and his mobility would be better there than the other options outside of Hawley, who isn't 100%.

But to address the original question, something will have to give somewhere. We will keep 5 interior OL's on our roster, and no more. If we say that Chester, Levitre, and Hawley are locks (which they are), then that only leaves 2 open spots between Asamoah, Stone, and Person.

One of Asamoah, Stone, or Person are going to get the axe. Obviously Asamoah is looking like the most likely candidate, for some still unknown and ridiculous reason. If we don't see an Asamoah trade by 4pm today, then Stone going to the practice squad could be a distinct possibility. People that think Stone would never make it through waivers greatly overestimate his value. We were forced to trade for Levitre for a reason, and it wasn't because Stone was balling out.

I'm actually very curious to see how it all shakes out between those 3 players by cutdown time Saturday. Should be interesting.

Stone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Person