Levitre Move.... Consider 2 Things...

Capitalist

To those that say he should've made a move to get Mathis, remember that until the Julio deal was done there was no way to be sure of the cap space that would be available. Levitre is a great move and between levitre and Mathews on the blind side, I think Matt's health expectancy just improved a little.

Main thing I appreciate about it is that they didn't just sit back a pretend the line was OK and actually made a move instead of saying "we're happy with our group of guys, we think we have the right guys to do the job". Levitre will probably be a starter by week 2 or 3

Exactly! In the past couple of years, TD went the route of lets hope they can come around only for Ryan to get sacked at an enormous rate. This isn't a huge splash move, but it is a good move, especially at the start of the season.

I can't believe people talk about Mathis like we had a chance. They offered Mathis a reasonable deal, but Mathis wanted to go to a contender such as Denver. It was Mathis's choice, not the Falcons. Secondly, I am a huge fan of what they did today. Person is a good back up at this point. Andy will bring in a nice rock solid LG.

The question is of course the starting center spot. All the Hawley nut huggers are still hanging on to him even though he did nothing for the run game and barely the passing game last night. OH but STONE played vs the 2s, well Hawley played vs the 3s, so you tell me who had a tougher night. Stone also had Polumbus and Person starting next to him.

Stone Smash brought the run game back because that is what he does best. Pass protection can be worked on but he is figuring it out. Run blocking at the center position, he is a monster. Just rewatch the first drive and see just how much Stone effects the running lanes and where the defense goes too.

To be quite honest my final group of O-linemen are

Matthews Rodgers Polumbus(maybe)

Levitre Person Smith

Stone Person Repogle

Chester Repogle Smith

Schreader Rodgers

Cuts are to Hawley and Asamoah for cap relief and quite honestly not valuable enough as far as playing multiple positions. Repogle balled out last night, Smith is a road grader and Person can play LG for sure.

Edited by R_The_Great

I can't believe people talk about Mathis like we had a chance. They offered Mathis a reasonable deal, but Mathis wanted to go to a contender such as Denver. It was Mathis's choice, not the Falcons. Secondly, I am a huge fan of what they did today. Person is a good back up at this point. Andy will bring in a nice rock solid LG.

The question is of course the starting center spot. All the Hawley nut huggers are still hanging on to him even though he did nothing for the run game and barely the passing game last night. OH but STONE played vs the 2s, well Hawley played vs the 3s, so you tell me who had a tougher night. Stone also had Polumbus and Person starting next to him.

Stone Smash brought the run game back because that is what he does best. Pass protection can be worked on but he is figuring it out. Run blocking at the center position, he is a monster. Just rewatch the first drive and see just how much Stone effects the running lanes and where the defense goes too.

Agreed , Stone>>>>> Hawley

I agree with you on Hawley, as he is barely average if that. I believe Stone will get it going, and will have too, because I doubt Hawley will stay healthy enough to play an entire season.

To be quite honest my final group of O-linemen are

Matthews Rodgers Polumbus(maybe)

Levitre Person Smith

Stone Person Repogle

Chester Repogle Smith

Schreader Rodgers

Cuts are to Hawley and Asamoah for cap relief and quite honestly not valuable enough as far as playing multiple positions. Repogle balled out last night, Smith is a road grader and Person can play LG for sure.

1. Stone and Hawley need to be on the roster for depth. Person shouldn't be playing center.

2. Stone looks like a better center than guard.

1. Stone and Hawley need to be on the roster for depth. Person shouldn't be playing center.

2. Stone looks like a better center than guard.

Stone has been playing Center his whole football career. Person would be depth for the LG and C position. The guy who stood out to me was Repogle though. I was really surprised by his play.

To those that say he should've made a move to get Mathis, remember that until the Julio deal was done there was no way to be sure of the cap space that would be available. Levitre is a great move and between levitre and Mathews on the blind side, I think Matt's health expectancy just improved a little.

Mathis was only really talking to Denver and Seattle, ATL was out of the picture so folks need to forget Mathis was even an option.

Main thing I appreciate about it is that they didn't just sit back a pretend the line was OK and actually made a move instead of saying "we're happy with our group of guys, we think we have the right guys to do the job". Levitre will probably be a starter by week 2 or 3

That's been a key to the Seahawks success, roster churning until the right mix is in place and then turn it over again the following year.

Yeah...that's my guess...this is what he's done...started and in a similar ZBS. Can't believe our MB gurus missed him.

JBO had a thread up about this the other day he didn't miss it.

For me the coaching staff have been very systematic about this.They have given everyone equal opportunity to win a spot and where they have had holes they have plugged them.

I think alot of fans are still hooked on the last regimes way of doing things.I think DQ has had on going communication with TD and the Levetrie deal was done pure & simple.

Asante Samuel? Dominique Fox? Tony Gonzalez?

Foxworth is the only one of the three I'd consider really addressing a huge need before the season started. We picked Samuel up in the offseason, in April. We needed a CB because we lost Grimes, but we had Dunta and Owens and Franks and some guys the staff was trying to bring along, so Samuel was more a cheap improvement pickup than a "we have to fill this hole now" pickup, and in any event it was done early in the preseason, not after the preseason was over and it was apparent we needed help at the position. We got Gonzo in April, too, and that was more a "go get Matt a weapon" pick than a "we have to get a TE right now" pick. We could have easily drafted a TE that season.

By contrast, we got Foxworth in September of 2008, in a season where we had Chevis Jackson, Brent Grimes (pre-breakout Brent Grimes at that) and Chris Houston at corner. We were young at the position and pretty much devoid of any real players. After training camp and preseason it was apparent we needed help at corner, so we got one. So yes, Foxworth is exactly like what we just did, and it's the last time I recall us doing it.