Falcons Have Signed Andy Levitre

Atlfalcons08

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your right but my eyes tell me something different. The run against MIA was due to poor execution. I'll give him credit where it's due he had the awareness to put a hand down and bounced for extra yards but it was due to Mia not wrapping up. The ZBS takes time to learn true, I know and understand the learning curve when switching schemes but these guys are just bad man. I'm tired of watching our linemen getting put on their heels and pushed backed every game.

Poor execution?? Can't be because it would've been for a loss. They just thought he was down but he keeps pushing. It definitely wasn't poor execution on the Dolphins part. As far as getting pushed back that was all technique. Playing too high. It's a leverage game in the trenches. It was bad communication from persons getting the line calls and bad technique. That happens when learning a new system. It'll get better trust me.

Beasley was a no brainer.

Coleman was a bad pick (I don't care about the run he had against 2nd string defenders last night)

Williams could be a player but we didn't need him, probably won't make the team.

Coleman was a bad pick? The season hasn't even started. Smh some of you will b*tch about anything around here.

That's not true. Seems like that's the case but it's not. A back has to have great vision and footwork, which Coleman has. The other backs should've been finding the creases that Coleman found but they didn't. If that were true Ken Oxendine should've done the same as Jamal Anderson but he sucked Monkey balls. The Rams should've been ok when Eric Dickerson left but they fell off with the same line. I'm a running back so I can't let you devalue what a good back is bro. Lol. Turner had excellent vision and footwork. But when he was out of the game it was a drop off. That comment you made just degraded Walyer Payton, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, OJ Simpson and all the other greats who had good lines and ok lines. That's almost like saying any wr can get open as long as the line is blocking well. Just not true tho.

I know a RB needs vision, footwork, pass blocking ability, etc, etc. I'm not trying to devalue any RB. Sanders is one of my favs and that line wasn't anything to write home about, but you don't find good backs like OJ, Emmitt, JB, AP in every draft. Point I'm tryin to make is you'll have greater success rate if you have a competent OLine then you will with a BS one regardless of who's running the ball.

He's got to go bruh. President, CEO, stay away from the personnel. I don't even know if I should give him credit this year because he gets none of the blame from years past. Not talking about it anymore man. It pisses me off a bit and I don't feel like being pissed today.

He gets plenty of blame for the past 2 seasons. He also gets credit for the great run in the first 5 seasons. But this seems like it might be personal, so I don't want to press on it.

I just can't wait to see what this team looks like week 1. I hope we put it on Philly. It's the first time I've felt excited like this to see our D put to a real test.

I know a RB needs vision, footwork, pass blocking ability, etc, etc. I'm not trying to devalue any RB. Sanders is one of my favs and that line wasn't anything to write home about, but you don't find good backs like OJ, Emmitt, JB, AP in every draft. Point I'm tryin to make is you'll have greater success rate if you have a competent OLine then you will with a BS one regardless of who's running the ball.

You have a point but that's also what I'm saying about Coleman. His college line wasn't the best but look what he did? When he want in the game their run game sucked. He has that special something a back needs to compensate when the line isn't great. Not saying he's a hof'er but he's gonna be good for us. There are some backs that just need a tiny crease like Barry. Coleman is that type. He may have some negative plays but keep feeding him the rock and eventually the defense is gonna pay. And once they get tired from chasing the oline will get stronger as the game goes. I'm not even talking about blocking ability and such. I'm only speaking on what separates a good back from the rest. Footwork and vision. Contrary to popular belief not every back possesses those 2 qualities at the same time. Also the ability to make plays should the line break down. He possesses that as well. He will help the line get better. I remember when houston's line "sucked" after installing a zbs until Foster rose from the ashes.

A good pass rushing DT lined up between Levitre and Hawley would be kind of scary... :-/

Stone has sucked last 2 games, where have you been?

Dude is like R_jr. Regarding Stone...so no he didnt notice.

Matthews/Levitre/Hawley/Chester/Schreader....time to accept it and move on guys.

He gets plenty of blame for the past 2 seasons. He also gets credit for the great run in the first 5 seasons. But this seems like it might be personal, so I don't want to press on it.

I just can't wait to see what this team looks like week 1. I hope we put it on Philly. It's the first time I've felt excited like this to see our D put to a real test.

There weren't a lot of good off seasons then either, but hey...

I think we go no less than 10-6 this year.

Still no word on if we are keeping his entire contract?

No, but I actually expect it to be restructured. At his current price, I think we could have just let the Titans release him and outbid other teams on the open market for less.

Though, on his current deal, you could release him after this year with no dead money.

Guest facelessman07

Schefter reporting we're taking on the contract

That ish better be restructured. Can't have this stigma of "we can't pay another guard next offseason because Levitre is making too much."