Berry's Bold Predictions For 2015 Fantasy Football - Espn

fuego

Prediction for each team.

Atlanta Falcons: I say Julio Jones has the best fantasy football season for a wide receiver in the history of the NFL. My thinking: Well, I wanted to do a bold prediction for the guy I already have ranked No. 3 among wideouts, so there you go. But with no run game to speak of and a defense that should struggle, Atlanta should be throwing early and often. Playing the "X" in Kyle Shanahan's offense, there's a very good chance Jones leads the NFL in targets, and with Matt Ryan as his QB, a very good chance he catches most of them.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/berryboldpredictions2015/matthew-berry-bold-predictions-2015-fantasy-football-players-do-unexpected-things

Prediction for each team.

Atlanta Falcons: I say Julio Jones has the best fantasy football season for a wide receiver in the history of the NFL. My thinking: Well, I wanted to do a bold prediction for the guy I already have ranked No. 3 among wideouts, so there you go. But with no run game to speak of and a defense that should struggle, Atlanta should be throwing early and often. Playing the "X" in Kyle Shanahan's offense, there's a very good chance Jones leads the NFL in targets, and with Matt Ryan as his QB, a very good chance he catches most of them.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/berryboldpredictions2015/matthew-berry-bold-predictions-2015-fantasy-football-players-do-unexpected-things

disagree w/ Berry's take on Falcons defense - but agree w/ his Julio prediction - if "Who" stays healthy, he should have MONSTER year.

My thoughts. If the D is half as good as they have looked, our offense won't be sitting on the sideline for 8 minutes after every possession. This will give Julio more scoring opportunities. So I expect his TD numbers to go up.

That being said, I think Calvin is primed to have a monster year, and he has a QB that is willing to force throws to him. It looks like we have a TON of weapons at WR. So it's difficult to predict Julio will be #1 when Ryan distributes the ball a lot to expose the defensive matchup. I don't see Julio leading the league in receiving yards when Ryan has Roddy, Hankerson, Hester, Tamme, and the RB options where multiple will be in single coverage.

My thoughts. If the D is half as good as they have looked, our offense won't be sitting on the sideline for 8 minutes after every possession. This will give Julio more scoring opportunities. So I expect his TD numbers to go up.

That being said, I think Calvin is primed to have a monster year, and he has a QB that is willing to force throws to him. It looks like we have a TON of weapons at WR. So it's difficult to predict Julio will be #1 when Ryan distributes the ball a lot to expose the defensive matchup. I don't see Julio leading the league in receiving yards when Ryan has Roddy, Hankerson, Hester, Tamme, and the RB options where multiple will be in single coverage.

don't hold your breath on Roddy having a big year - he is already nicked up again and I look for Hankerson to emerge and be the #2A WR.....Roddy will still get his - but it won't be near what it was and not as good as last year. I see Hank taking more of Roddy's targets than Julio's.

don't hold your breath on Roddy having a big year - he is already nicked up again and I look for Hankerson to emerge and be the #2A WR.....Roddy will still get his - but it won't be near what it was and not as good as last year. I see Hank taking more of Roddy's targets than Julio's.

Ryan has too much trust and a long relationship with Roddy for him to take that big of a hit statistically. I wouldn't expect him to get less than 700 yards, in a worst case scenario. Hankerson should outproduce what we saw with Harry Douglas, likely getting around 700 yards (HD had over 500 last season). Hester had over 500 yards last season, and he has looked better and more comfortable this Preseason.

Even if you think Hankerson will take more of Roddy's targets than Julio's, that's still ignoring what Tamme will produce. Toi only had 238 yards last season, and I would expect Tamme to be closer to the 500 yard mark. Our RB's had over 800 yards collectively last season, and I don't expect that number to go down very much when it was Freeman and Antone that led our RB's in receiving last season.