Excited To See What This Week Brings...

Falconcheff

Why keep Tone?

Cristine Michael is also going to be available most likely.

Up until the last 4 minutes of the game I thought for sure Southward would make the team as our backup FS and CB, but now I'm not so sure. Those back to back TD's when he was in coverage really hurt his stock. I'm shocked Stupar didn't intercept the 1st one though since he was right in front of the receiver and had he ran he could've easily caught it.

Up until the last 4 minutes of the game I thought for sure Southward would make the team as our backup FS and CB, but now I'm not so sure. Those back to back TD's when he was in coverage really hurt his stock. I'm shocked Stupar didn't intercept the 1st one though since he was right in front of the receiver and had he ran he could've easily caught it.

I wasn't surprised by Southward. He's a better fit for Cover 2 like Lowery. Even then he's less than avg. Cool guy though.

I wasn't surprised by Southward. He's a better fit for Cover 2 like Lowery. Even then he's less than avg. Cool guy though.

I had high hopes for him from what I saw of him playing in WI. I've seen him at a lot of home games and he really looked special. Guy is lightning quick and seemed to fit in pretty well at FS. Also had decent hands when making plays too. I really just disagree with where Quinn wanted to move him to and I think with another year or two of reps at FS he might've made something of himself. It pains me to think one of my more recent home town favorites could go to another team (which given his draft status, measurables and speed he'll certainly get a shot elsewhere) and end up getting some more developing time and turning into a great FS. It's pretty clear Quinn wants to find a Earl Thomas for us though, so I don't see Southward ending up more than a backup at FS/CB for us if he does somehow make the roster. I wanted Melvin Gordon in the 2nd too so call me a homer xP.

Edited by FenixFalcon

I had high hopes for him from what I saw of him playing in WI. I've seen him at a lot of home games and he really looked special. Guy is lightning quick and seemed to fit in pretty well at FS. Also had decent hands when making plays too. I really just disagree with where Quinn wanted to move him to and I think with another year or two of reps at FS he might've made something of himself. It pains me to think one of my more recent home town favorites could go to another team (which given his draft status, measurables and speed he'll certainly get a shot elsewhere) and end up getting some more developing time and turning into a great FS. It's pretty clear Quinn wants to find a Earl Thomas for us though, so I don't see Southward ending up more than a backup at FS/CB for us if he does somehow make the roster. I wanted Melvin Gordon in the 2nd too so call me a homer xP.

LOL...yeah. I liked Gordon. Understand I am not a fan of Wisconsin...lol. Even the state. Lived in Illinois and Indiana before Berlin and Georgia (which I don't care for). So there is still this rivalry in me. I am so picky man. I mean, I don't even like a lot of guys who come out of Bama and that's my team.