Reed Already Had Surgery; Asamoah Has Hip Injury?

RandomFan

I thought Quinn was saying that he had gotten the second opinion, but he apparently had both that and surgery.

My bad. Reed had the groin surgery.

Per Quinn, Reed already had surgery. They will evaluate him this week.

vaughn mcclure @vxmcclure23 5m5 minutes ago

Dan Quinn did not provide timetable for Reed's recovery. Had groin injury.

Andrew Hirsh @andrewhirsh 8m8 minutes ago

Jon Asamoah (hip) and Jake Matthews (back) were excused from tonight's game.

Edited by RandomFan

D. Orlando Ledbetter @DOrlandoAJC 5m5 minutes ago

Brooks Reed has received the 2nd opinion and has had the surgery on his groin, #Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. Normally a 6 week recovery.

So we can maybe expect him back on the field by week 5 to week 7, depending on if he needs more time to get back in football shape after the recovery.

Edited by RandomFan

So on the last day of practice, Quinn tells the press he is excited to watch Asamoah play in tonight's game.

But suddenly without notice, Asamoah doesn't play. He doesn't even show up for the game. Where the **** did he go? On top of that, they call Asamoah, and he says "Man, I can't even talk about it right now." A very distraught response. Why?

And then, when they press Quinn, it's all because of a "hip injury?" What a generic response.

Something's fishy here. We need to get to the bottom of this taft...

Edited by likeriver

Did anyone see Jake Matthews on the sidelines tonight? If they both were excused and didn't show up to the game, then Quinn's story might hold more water. But if Jake was there and Asamoah wasn't, well....

Asamoah saying he couldn't even talk about it right now would actually be covered under the "injury" excuse, since they aren't allowed to comment on injuries. But I'm waiting to be convinced a hip injury is the real reason.

So on the last day of practice, Quinn tells the press he is excited to watch Asamoah play in tonight's game.

But suddenly without notice, Asamoah doesn't play. He doesn't even show up for the game. Where the **** did he go? On top of that, they call Asamoah, and he says "Man, I can't even talk about it right now." A very distraught response. Why?

And then, when they press Quinn, it's all because of a "hip injury?" What a generic response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vufUyWlupFA

I thought the "Mighty Quinn" spoke clearly though? Thought he didn't speak "coaches talk" or in riddles?

Did anyone see Jake Matthews on the sidelines tonight? If they both were excused and didn't show up to the game, then Quinn's story might hold more water. But if Jake was there and Asamoah wasn't, well....

Asamoah saying he couldn't even talk about it right now would actually be covered under the "injury" excuse, since they aren't allowed to comment on injuries. But I'm waiting to be convinced a hip injury is the real reason.

I didn't see Jake at all, but the camera mostly showed who was standing close to Quinn.

He may have been upset because it was his last chance to get his spot back and he couldn't play?

D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@DOrlandoAJC 5m5 minutes ago

Brooks Reed has received the 2nd opinion and has had the surgery on his groin, #Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. Normally a 6 week recovery.

So we can maybe expect him back on the field by week 5 to week 7, depending on if he needs more time to get back in football shape after the recovery.

They'll keep him out till after the Bye...

That's exactly what I was saying on the post about Asamoah. I don't believe he's injured. Philly will be surprise week 1.

Asamoah is a better pass blocker than run blocker. Your LG is typically better at pass protection and your RG is better at run blocking (Chester). Asamoah and Matthews on the left side protecting Ryans blindside.

Shanahan may run the ball more than Koetter, but we are still a pass first team. You don't have your best pass protector at G on the bench for a career backup in Person. Especially if Person hasn't showed out

Edited by Truth B Told (TRU)

That's exactly what I was saying on the post about Asamoah. I don't believe he's injured. Philly will be surprise week 1.

Asamoah is a better pass blocker than run blocker. Your LG is typically better at pass protection and your RG is better at run blocking (Chester). Asamoah and Matthews on the left side protecting Ryans blindside.

Shanahan may run the ball more than Koetter, but we are still a pass first team. You don't have your best pass protector at G on the bench for a career backup in Person. Especially if Person hasn't showed out

So, your position is that we "hid" our best pass protector in order to surprise the Eagles?

Edited by Bunchy Carter