Will Joe Flaccos Presence Be The Difference In The Game Tonight?

gazoo

As we all know, Joe Flacco will most likely not take a snap tonight.

That said, I can't help but wonder, with his Alexander the Great leadership abilities, capable of taking a rag tag bunch of average defensive players like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, etc and lead them the being one of the best defenses in the NFL........ will just the mere presence of Flacco on the sideline be the difference in the game tonight?

I know how frustrated many are that Ryan wasn't able to catapult his rag tag bunch of defensive players into a Super Bowl defense just like Flacco did thus feel Ryan is Inferior.

Thoughts?

Strange........Flacco gets tremendous credit around the NFL for his ability to lift his defense into a dominating Super Bowl Champion, yet when it fails not a peep. I haven't seen one Falcon fan who claims Flacco is better than Ryan admit Flacco had a bad game last night.

Strange........Flacco gets tremendous credit around the NFL for his ability to lift his defense into a dominating Super Bowl Champion, yet when it fails not a peep. I haven't seen one Falcon fan who claims Flacco is better than Ryan admit Flacco had a bad game last night.

Did Flacco actually play last night? Haven't seen the game yet.

Nope, he sat on the bench most of the night barely watching the game.

EXACTLY! In fact, Flacco also sat on the bench while his awesome defense helped him win a Super Bowl. You see, Joe Flacco doesn't play defense, but he sure as heII gets credit for all the wins its has played a huge role in.

Matt Ryan sat on the bench while his porous defense helped him LOSE many games including the NFFCC but gets blamed for the loss.

Thus, why aren't people blaming Flacco for the loss last night? You can't credit him for what his defense does while he's not on the field sometimes, while other times not blaming him for what it does.

EXACTLY! In fact, Flacco also sat on the bench while his awesome defense helped him win a Super Bowl. You see, Joe Flacco doesn't play defense, but he sure as heII gets credit for all the wins its has played a huge role in.

Matt Ryan sat on the bench while his porous defense helped him LOSE many games including the NFFCC but gets blamed for the loss.

Thus, why aren't people blaming Flacco for the loss last night? You can't credit him for what his defense does while he's not on the field sometimes, while other times not blaming him for what it does.

You're an idiot... Just drop it already.

Is that bt298131249 guy banned? I'd love to see his thoughts on this

9/10 troll thread btw gazoo, good job

It's funny how angry some fans will get when you mock their flawed logic. Flacco is on the bench every single time his defense is on the field yet gets credit for how they play, same place Flacco was last night. Now we have some saying " he wasn't even playing, how can you blame him for the loss".......this is EXACTLY my point.

Sure Flacco might've had a better team defensively, but it doesn't take away from his playoff Legacy. This is a no contest Flacco gets it done when it matters...Ryan hasn't. Simple as that. I mean you can cry about it all you want but Ryan has had better weapons offensively this is undeniable. The only thing that separates Ryan from Flacco is one thing and it has nothing to do with the both of them. It has to do with our GMs. Osborne has always known and had a plan as to what he wants to do in Baltimore... Hence why he has 2 SBs to show for it. But we on the other hand have TD. He has no plans and we've switch our identity to the point where we lost it for a little while. And until that changes Flacco will always have the upper-hand. Case closed. End discussion.

DB#11

If Joe Flacco had the Falcons 2012 playoff defense backing him up in his 2012 Super Bowl run, he NEVER would have beaten the Broncos and never would have sniffed the Super Bowl. Matt Ryan was forced to take more chances in the 2012 playoffs to have any chance of winning with such an inferior supporting cast.

In fact, most pundits agreed If Matt Ryan and his incerior defense had faced Flacco and his superior defense in the Super Bowl in 2012, the Falcons would have most likely won that head to head match up.

Sorry to burst your bubble my features friend.

If Joe Flacco had the Falcons 2012 playoff defense backing him up in his 2012 Super Bowl run, he NEVER would have beaten the Broncos and never would have sniffed the Super Bowl.

Mid Ryan and his subpar defense had faced Ryan and his superior defense in the Super Bowl in 2012, most pundits and Falcon fan ackoweldge the Falcons would have most likely won that head to head match up.

If Joe Flacco had the Falcons 2012 playoff defense backing him up in his 2012 Super Bowl run, he NEVER would have beaten the Broncos and never would have sniffed the Super Bowl.

Mid Ryan and his subpar defense had faced Ryan and his superior defense in the Super Bowl in 2012, most pundits and Falcon fan ackoweldge the Falcons would have most likely won that head to head match up.

You can't just pick an opponent. If Flacco was in Atlanta that 2012 season does he beat the 9ers and Seahawks? I say yes. Does Ryan beat Manning and Brady in Baltimore? I don't think so...

Yeah this is a dumb thread.

Flacco rode his defense into the playoffs his first years in the league, and his ugly stats bear that out.

HOWEVER, Flacco was able to flip a switch their superbowl season and was up there for best playoff performance ever (Reed and Lewis were shadows by then). His play during last years postseason proves it wasn't a fluke.

Dude can ball when it matters most, call him the new Eli.

None of that means he was the better pick over Ryan, stop acting so insecure.

You're combining the 2 teams and it makes your point silly. See you're thinking if Ryan had the Ravens defense and his offensive onslaught he would've won the Super Bowl. And if that was the case I would agree, but that's not how the NFL works. It's a system of balance and our GM Prefers offense over defense so we had he better Offense to support Ryan. While Ozzie got Flacco a better defense. It's nothing u logical it's just how we where made and Flacco got and played the best out of it all.

Let's look at some fact, shall we?

On whole, the Ravens 2012 playoff defense played lights out better than the Falcons 2012 playoff defense.

Yet, despite his fact, most credible pundits were of the opinion the Falcons most likely would have won a head to head Super Bowl matchup with the Ravens in 2012.

Now, we have to ask ourselves, since it is factual the Ravens playoff defense was playing much better than the Falcons playoff defense in 2012, why then would pundits feel Matt Rayn would have beat Joe Flacco head to head matchup when everyone knew Flacco had a better defense backing him up?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,mm