Durant - out

Babs - might be out (vet)

Roddy - out

Julio - out

Hester - out

Matthews - out

Hawley - probably out

Ryan - out

I expect everyone else, unless injured, to play at least a series or two.

honestly I don't want to see anyone who has secured a starting job out there. And I don't want to see any TJ Yates either.

I do want to see most of the O-line, the running backs and on defense some guys like Jarrett, Maponga, Starr, Bradford, get some good looks. Fringe guys should play a lot today.

Offensive line. I wouldn't even throw Coleman out there in a pointless game behind them this week. This is the game for people fighting for roster spots.

Yea it is but I think they still have to get a look at Coleman since he's a rook and the starting back isn't a settled issue yet. He needs to get a little work. I'd let him play a half. At least a qtr.

it's already locked in who the top 2 backs are. It's not worth it

It's not about them winning their spot, it's about their bodies being ready for full-game speed. Remember when TG held out of the preseason games and then even he was slow to start for the first quarter of the season? It'll be even worse for a rookie and a 2'nd year player, compounded further by the injuries.

Yea it is but I think they still have to get a look at Coleman since he's a rook and the starting back isn't a settled issue yet. He needs to get a little work. I'd let him play a half. At least a qtr.

it's already determined Coleman and freeman will be the top 2 guys splitting the bulk of the carries. Only reason I see for him going out there is to get used to being knocked around. Other than thathat I wouldn't risk him getting injured in this game. 1 qtr would be the most I would play him if anything

It's not about them winning their spot, it's about their bodies being ready for full-game speed. Remember when TG held out of the preseason games and then even he was slow to start for the first quarter of the season? It'll be even worse for a rookie and a 2'nd year player, compounded further by the injuries.

again, if that's what you want,that's you man.

it's already determined Coleman and freeman will be the top 2 guys splitting the bulk of the carries. Only reason I see for him going out there is to get used to being knocked around. Other than thathat I wouldn't risk him getting injured in this game. 1 qtr would be the most I would play him if anything

You know the top 2 but it's still unsettled who the starter is. At some point you gotta get your body ready to bang against another color because they're gonna hit harder than they hit at practice. At least 1 qtr with him taking all the offense plays. Then switch backs. I'd still do a half. This is exactly how you risk injury when your body isn't ready to bang. Everybody else is ready to bang but him, freeman and tone. Even Tru isn't ready to bang. Luckily he's a corner so he won't get hit on every play.

You know the top 2 but it's still unsettled who the starter is. At some point you gotta get your body ready to bang against another color because they're gonna hit harder than they hit at practice. At least 1 qtr with him taking all the offense plays. Then switch backs. I'd still do a half. This is exactly how you risk injury when your body isn't ready to bang. Everybody else is ready to bang but him, freeman and tone. Even Tru isn't ready to bang. Luckily he's a corner so he won't get hit on every play.

Agreed.

Freeman has to get reps tonight.

going by last year when he had 2 unproven backs, I don't think it's gonna truly matter who the starter is going into week 1 because it's highly likely that he won't be the starter the entire season unless he truly plays top notch each week. Logic says Coleman plays because they don't have any trun tape on him and they simply want to see him in more action that just what they see at practice. Me personally wouldn't throw him out there no more than a quarter and have at least 10 plays designed for him specifically. That's just me though.