Oline - Best Available Fa ?

mattyicefalcon

Guest facelessman07

Shouldn't be a deep concern if we are in "win now" and about "finishing" games strongly?

Sadly this team isn't built to "win now"

We've got too many holes, but I think with the right moves in the offseason we could go far next year

And by right moves I mean addressing the lines hard & heavy

Guest facelessman07

Hopefully we solidify trenches by the time we move in to new Benz Dome and host Sb

The only skill position we better go after in the offseason is a running back

Every other move should be trench, trench, trench, possibly a safety, trench, trench, trench

etc, etc, etc...

Guest facelessman07

I'd factor in a TE too. No guarantees that Tamme, Toilolo or Moeaki pan out this year

Yeah we need one, but we can do without for a year if it means picking up solid trench pieces

TE are dime a dozen.

Without solidifying trenches...one will always remain pretenders not legit contenders to lift the ultimate prize.

Agreed. But Daniels and Reed (when healthy) played prominent roles in Shanahan's offenses. Makes you wonder if the Falcons will look to spend some money on a proper TE next year.

Guest facelessman07

All these responses and not even one fa mentioned lol.

Honestly, there's not much out there worth getting. With the exception of Long, and that's solely dependent on his health

We just have to take our lumps this year...AGAIN FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME.....and pray it's addressed in the offseason

Shouldn't be a deep concern if we are in "win now" and about "finishing" games strongly?

first off, we aren't "winning now" anything. Maybe we have a shot at the division, but people envisioning a SB run with a rookie HC are just being delusional.

better wait until the 53 man cuts to see if any talent will be available.

Then make a trade .....

There were plenty during the offseason ...ooh excuse me ...Polumbus, Person, others signed by the Falcons that couldn't start for my high school team.

I wouldn't. We're already down a pick next year thanks to Goodell. The only options we have are FA this year or Draft/FA next year

With our dismal state of oline....

Who do you think should be our top 3 target who will assist us solidifying our front line?

It's not about who the Falcons can find on the trash heap at this point. What we all have to hope is that the OL gets better at doing their job, because that is far more likely to happen as opposed to some savior that another team overlooked, coming in here and making the unit better. The line we have is capable, but they have to improve their technique in order to succeed and to avoid getting injured.

It's not about who the Falcons can find on the trash heap at this point. What we all have to hope is that the OL gets better at doing their job, because that is far more likely to happen as opposed to some savior that another team overlooked, coming in here and making the unit better. The line we have is capable, but they have to improve their technique in order to succeed and to avoid getting injured.

agreed but adding some decent depth won't hurt either.

Lemuel JeanPierre, heard about him for a sec on Sirius NFL today. Former Seahawk with injury history; seems like he checks all the boxes.

C Lemuel Jeanpierre was among the Seahawks' initial roster cuts Monday. (Dustin Bradford/Getty Images)

C Lemuel Jeanpierre was among the Seahawks initial roster cuts Monday. (Dustin Bradford/Getty Images)

The 28-year-old Jeanpierre had been competing with Drew Nowak to replace the departed Max Unger in the middle of the Seahawks O-line. His release further indicates that Nowak will start the season as Seattles No. 1 center after he started the last two preseason games.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015/08/31/lemuel-jeanpierre-danthony-smith-among-seattle-seahawks-initial-cuts/