Watching The Eagles/packers.. But Also Thinking About Our Season Opener.

E. T.

The Eagles are putting on a fireworks show in GB.. but at the same time, philly is making a huge mistake. Seems to me they have opened up the playbook and now its all on tape. One could only hope this would give us some kind of advantage come our season opener. Quinn being one of the better defensive minds in the game, must be watching....

Just trying to make some lemonade here fellas, this season looks like its gonna be a wild roller coaster ride.

Not being an a@@, and I don't like dirty play....but I noticed a bunch of short drops and quick passes by Bradford. He did look good, but if we can get a couple of legal hits on him, I think he could be rattled coming off 2 years worth of knee injuries. There's no way it won't be in the back of his mind. If this was last year's D, I'd be more worried. But if the preseason is any indicator, it looks like our D will be fine. The main thing is the D will need to make the tackles and make Philly sustain long drives. Hopefully, if the down and distance is in our favor then we can get a QB pressure, or more than likely Philly will run a screen. I just don't see Philly putting Bradford in harm's way with deep dropbacks yet...unless they think we still have the D from last year.

We better put together some long drives or the defense will get tired by their high pace offense and we will get rocked in the second half.

Yep and that ain't easy to do without a running game, while I like Ryan in the hurry up offense this might be one game where they need short ball control passing game till the running game gets it's legs. Philly's front seven is pretty good.

Yep and that ain't easy to do without a running game, while I like Ryan in the hurry up offense this might be one game where they need short ball control passing game till the running game gets it's legs. Philly's front seven is pretty good.

we lose this game if we don't rush for 100 yards. And half of it better not be on one play either.

we lose this game if we don't rush for 100 yards. And half of it better not be on one play either.

Well that just won't happen unless the Falcons are going to run the ball 50 times. It has been 4 years now and looks to be 5 after this year that the Falcons oline has failed to have any push to open running lanes. It not the RBs its the line. Once the coaching staff picks up on this and does something to fix it then maybe things will change. Man I want to see it change SOON!!!!

I kind of have 2 thoughts about the Eagles. First, it's preseason. They may be blowing the doors off of people because they're taking the games more seriously than other teams. Meaning, they may be looking to win the games (I'm not opposed to this, BTW) instead of using them to evaluate their team like most other teams are doing.

Second, it seems to me if we're going to face a truly great team, I'd rather get them first than have them come up midseason and put doubt into a team that's thriving. So if they're for real and this isn't just preseason shenanigans, I'll take them first up and hopefully we hit our stride midseason and go on a run. I'll take that over coming out of the gate strong and petering out later.

The Eagles are putting on a fireworks show in GB.. but at the same time, philly is making a huge mistake. Seems to me they have opened up the playbook and now its all on tape. One could only hope this would give us some kind of advantage come our season opener. Quinn being one of the better defensive minds in the game, must be watching....

Just trying to make some lemonade here fellas, this season looks like its gonna be a wild roller coaster ride.

Watch their other 2 games they're just running the same 6-8 plays over and over. Don't think they've opened up the playbook