Drunk History Season 3

JDaveG

I'm in the absolute super minority (probably of just 1) that just doesn't care for the 'acting it out' portion of the show, at least not in the lip-syncing format. It would probably be really funny to watch Will Ferrel and Don Cheadle re-enact a drunk re-telling of a meeting between Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass, but it's not funny to me when they're moving their mouths to the sound of Jen Kirkman's voice.

I'm sure that's probably most peoples' favorite part of the show, but I've never found lip-syncing to be funnier than it is annoying.

I think if it was animated it'd be a lot funnier, or maybe if it was done as a parody of a History Channel documentary where everyone that was being interviewed was a celebrity who was playing a fake expert while being drunk or high as **** I'd get more out of it.

Seeing Zack Galifernardis get high as **** and play the 'It's Aliens' guy from Ancient Aliens would be so much funnier.

It's certainly my favorite part. I think the fact that it's so obviously lip synched that allows me to enjoy it.

If they were trying to pretend they were doing anything but, it would be stupid. But for me at least, I like the fact that they sort of clown around with it.

But as I said in the prior thread that is now archive and inaccessible, my favorite part is the casting: "Weird Al Yankovic as Hitler >>>>> Kevin Nealon as a klansman." To me that's really the funniest part -- the people they cast in those roles. Jack Black as Elvis, Bob Odenkirk as Nixon, etc.

• 3 weeks later...