After 3 Preseason Games How Do You See The Nfcs Playing Out?

shockerfalcon

There is an old saying in the NFL "You build your team to win your division first". After 3 preseason games I honestly feel Quinn and TD have done just that. Yes we still have issues particularly with the offensive line and running game but looking at the other 3 teams I don't feel those issues will be enough to prevent us from winning the division. Here's my prediction for the division

1. Atlanta Falcons (10-6) despite the dismal performance of the O-line and lack of a run game against Miami the defense continues to look as stout as it did in the previous 2 games. Don't be fooled by Tannehill's Stat line of his 14 completions only 4 were longer than 10 yards and only 1, a 46 yarder, went for more than 15. The defense also only surrendered 1 run longer than 10 yards.

The Falcons finished last season 5-1 in the division with the leagues worst defense. With a remarkably improved defense there's no reason to think the Falcons can't repeat that or at worst finish 4-2.

2. New Orleans Saints (9-7) I know I'll get flamed for this but that offense looks even better than last year. We like to n point out the loss of Graham as the reason the saints won't succeed this year but I've watched all three of their games and I'm like Jimmy who? Cooks is going to be a problem and reports of Brees's demise are greatly exaggerated. Payton continues to show why he has the best offensive mind in the division. The reason they won't win is their defense. Don't be fooled by their performance against the almighty Brady and company. The starting defense has yet to record a sack, although they did pressure Brady into a pick. Also penalties especially in the secondary seem to be an issue. And they can't seem to buy a 3rd and short stop.

To me they were very similar to us last year, a potent offense and lackluster defense. The exception being they did not improve their defense enough to win the division.

3. Carolina Panthers (7-9) i'm probably being generous with the win total but they should still finish 3rd. There is no denying that they boast the most dominant defense in the division and against lesser teams it will keep them in games and win a couple. In spite of that nothing looks good on offense. The receiving corps looks like our offensive line just plain bad. Once again Greg Olsen appears to be Cam's only reliable target. Panthers fans are pinning their hopes for a second straight season on a rookie WR coming in and being a factor. Even if he does their is still nothing across from him so the passing game will look much like last year's. Also the run game was supposed to be a strength for them this year but hasn't even looked nfl worthy. I do expect that to change if the OC quits trying to make Cam a pocket passer and let him run. Though it won't be nearly as potent as it was last year. Oh yeah panthers fans please remember you only won 7 games last year at best your team looks equal to last year's squad so what makes you think you'll do better this year.

4. Tampa Bay Bucs (3-13) ok maybe I'm being stingy with the wins. It is the Bucs though and it seems every year we think they are going to breakout and they never do. Winston looks like a rookie more Blake bortles than Andrew luck though with time and especially with the weapons he has he should get better. The run game has looked decent but the defense still looks below average. They will be scrappy and give some teams (and their own fans) fits but I just don't think they are ready to compete with the big dogs just yet. I do think they are trending up though.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on man, you know they couldn't all go 0-16, but they could all go 0-8-8

After the Bucs and Saints play an epic 6 hour contest where neither team can win, the NFL decides that the rest of the division's games will not be played and considered all losses due to the inherent futility of the teams.

I'm not seeing 10 games unless we consistently run into sup-par DLines...

Well to be honest after watching the Saints yesterday and some of the Bucs the past few weeks neither of those teams are that great on D so far this preseason. There's a lot of AVERAGE play going on in the NFCS so far this preseason.

I think the saints aren't very good anymore, Winston is going to suck, and Carolina still has no oline and no receivers. I say we will be on top this year.

Saints looked pretty decent while starters played on Offense last night. Better than I expected

Man, I can't tell anything from preseason...

If I had to guess I would say it's going to be between the Panthers and the Falcons, but the winner of the division could and probably will be only a 9 or 8 win team.

I still think we are a double digit team man. If we are not then I will be surprised.

I hope you're right Knight but I could easily see the Falcons dropping a lot of early games while that OL situation becomes more stable.