Fred Jackson Available. Upgrade Ove Ward And Jerome? I Think So.

xskyx

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson is not coming here to be third in line, guaranteed. However, it doesnt mean it doesnt have a chance to impact us. CLE is looking for a RB, as they are unhappy that none of the 3 young backs they have has stepped up. I could see CLE getting Jackson, and then of the 3 it sounds like most likely to go would be West.

The only reason Jackson is intriguing to me is that he's good in pass blocking and he's a powerful between the tackles kind of runner. With this Oline and a ZBS, a power style may be the best due to Dline penetration. He's got a pretty good stiff-arm too. I must admit though, I would hate to see AS go if KS only carries 3 RBs. Of course contract issues could be a limitation. I'm certainly not saying it's something that needs to get done, by any means, just something to at least ponder, with the situation as it is.

Edited by gp_74

Yeah, because Durant, Reed, and Clayborn were all starters on their old teams... and F-Jax was competing to be the Bills #3 RB.

He can go somwhere with a line that isn't terrible and compete for a ring, like Dallas. I don't know why people on this board think that every FA wants to come here because anyone who has to stand behind this o-line would probably just rather retire.