Has This Years Team Been Dimitroff'd Already?

Nono

The names of Baker, Holmes, Johnson, and Konz are but 4 reasons why our OL can't seem to protect or open holes for a run game--I wont go into free agency and 2nd rate OL signings---horrible picks and talent evaluation. I thought we fixed this????

Is our fate already determined because of this? Sure looked like old times this past Saturday---can't execute the offense with an average OL

Dear Lord

Please don't go the way of the Atlanta Braves

Train%20Wreck%20One.gif

Edited by Nono

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all really need to figure out what Dimitroff is and is not responsible for. He either gets all the credit and all the blame, none of the credit and none of the blame, or some of the credit and some of the blame.

Posts like this make me think he's going to get none of the credit (for Beasley, Reed, Durant, etc.) and all of the blame (for the o-line which includes people specifically targeted by the coaching staff).

Y'all really need to figure out what Dimitroff is and is not responsible for. He either gets all the credit and all the blame, none of the credit and none of the blame, or some of the credit and some of the blame.

Posts like this make me think he's going to get none of the credit (for Beasley, Reed, Durant, etc.) and all of the blame (for the o-line which includes people specifically targeted by the coaching staff).

AFMB Math:

Good thing happens = Not Dimitroff.

Bad thing happens = All Dimitroff.

He is primarily responsible for those 4 OL picks and what I saw Sat was an offense that couldn't convert--Its scary JDaveG

I'll take a swing at this one:

Dimitroff gets none of the credit/blame for Durant/Brooks Reed - these were specific Dan Quinn picks earmarked by Quinn himself to play "fast-n-physical" defense.

Dimitroff gets 1/4 the credit/blame for Vic Beasley. Quinn gets 1/2 and Scott Pioli gets the other 1/4. Quinn knew and described the player he needed for the LEO, Pioli/Dimitroff showed Quinn the options and gave their recommendations. Pioli runs the scouting and drafted Justin Houston so he has shown ability (where TD has not) in finding D-Line/passrusher.

Offensive Line - I give Dimitroff 3/4 credit for the offensive line. In his relationship with Smitty, it was much different than with Quinn - TD had "hand" - he was the titular head of Falcons organization and he hand picked Smitty - Smitty was subserviant to TD - while there was collaboration, TD had all the power and he even stated as such with his few "buck stops with me on personnel" statements in interviews - only in last two years when TD's record was called into question did TD start his "collaboration" talk. Also, Smitty does not and did not have expertise on offensive side of the ball so he would have less input on drafting on the offensive side.

He is primarily responsible for those 4 OL picks and what I saw Sat was an offense that couldn't convert--Its scary JDaveG

so were you praising dimitroff for the other 2 preseason games when the offense looked good? or are we just nitpicking a bad showing in 1 game?

Starting line against the Dolphins:

Matthews

Stone

Person

Chester

Schrader

Assess Dimitroff's involvement in each player if you would.

Fine, but it is highly obvious with the 5 you list it wasn't nearly good enough to protect Ryan nor open holes for the running backs Saturday---what I am saying is that if Dimi hadn't f'ked up on a few of these picks we might have a more functional and talented OL now and players like Stone Person and Chester may be sitting the bench or 2nd string

Look at other teams--I saw Buffalo this weekend and they aren't having these kind of problems becuase they have decent OL and DL--granted they are Buffalo but I had high hopes for the 2015 Falcons

Edited by Nono

I'll take a swing at this one:

Dimitroff gets none of the credit/blame for Durant/Brooks Reed - these were specific Dan Quinn picks earmarked by Quinn himself to play "fast-n-physical" defense.

Dimitroff gets 1/4 the credit/blame for Vic Beasley. Quinn gets 1/2 and Scott Pioli gets the other 1/4. Quinn knew and described the player he needed for the LEO, Pioli/Dimitroff showed Quinn the options and gave their recommendations. Pioli runs the scouting and drafted Justin Houston so he has shown ability (where TD has not) in finding D-Line/passrusher.

Offensive Line - I give Dimitroff 3/4 credit for the offensive line. In his relationship with Smitty, it was much different than with Quinn - TD had "hand" - he was the titular head of Falcons organization and he hand picked Smitty - Smitty was sub-serviant to TD - while there was collaberation, TD had more reign and he even stated as such with his few "buck stops with me on personnel" statekents in interviews - only in last two years when TD's record was called into question did TD start his "collaboration" talk. Also, Smitty does not and did not have expertise on offensive side of the ball so he would have less input on drafting on the offensive side.

Why is collaboration in quotes? Every GM/HC/OC/DC combo in the NFL is a 'collaboration'

so were you praising dimitroff for the other 2 preseason games when the offense looked good? or are we just nitpicking a bad showing in 1 game?

nitpicking

Dimi is not horrible---I think the word came above to be "explosive" and hence we got Julio which is in my opinion the best WR in the game---but we ignored our trenchs in doing so

Also, note the absence of Baker, Johnson, Holmes and Konz in that lineup.

Your missing the point---if we hadn't screwed up years ago on these picks we may have had a better pick starting Saturday not Stone at LG and 2 other newbies

Amazing how people nickpick who's fault it is when things go wrong, and who gets credit when things go right.

Kinda how things work in politics, when things are great they give the credit to their political affiliation. when things go bad its always the other side of the isle.

kinda shows how very little objectivity we have as a species.

Why is collaboration in quotes? Every GM/HC/OC/DC combo in the NFL is a 'collaboration'

I don't know - I get quote happy sometime - sue me.

As far as collaboration goes, of course there is collaboration but it works differently in all 32 war rooms - different dynamics, different proportions of power and someone (GM or HC) gets to make the final call.

nitpicking

Dimi is not horrible---I think the word came above to be "explosive" and hence we got Julio which is in my opinion the best WR in the game---but we ignored our trenchs in doing so

We didn't ignore jack.

Matthews, Hageman, Solali, Tjax, Clayborn, Beasley, ect.

That's a lot of attention (two top 10 picks) for something with an 'ignored' narrative.

While TD nay not to be to blame for all the current guys playing, it is his fault some are even out there.

If he hit on those picks, we would have a very good Oline.

2 1sts

2nd

2 3rds

Plus other picks and FAs. 2nd and 3rd round linemen, especially interior, should be able to play in this league. Konz, Holmes, Johnson have made little impact in their careers.

I will say, I thought Holmes was improving and has potential.

Also it probably isn't TD's fault that Johnson was moved to Tackle and even Reynolds moved to Guard.

I don't know - I get quote happy sometime - sue me.

As far as collaboration goes, of course there is collaboration but it works differently in all 32 war rooms - different dynamics, different proportions of power and someone (GM or HC) gets to make the final call.

And nobody has a single clue how any single team works so stop trying to make yourselves feel better for every little thing by trying to give yourself somebody to blame.

Amazing how people nickpick who's fault it is when things go wrong, and who gets credit when things go right.

Kinda how things work in politics, when things are great they give the credit to their political affiliation. when things go bad its always the other side of the isle.

kinda shows how very little objectivity we have as a species.

People are hired and fired every day for credit/blame - it is called "accountability".

We didn't ignore jack.

Matthews, Hageman, Solali, Tjax, Clayborn, Beasley, ect.

That's a lot of attention (two top 10 picks) for something with an 'ignored' narrative.

That was long after a couple of seasons where we couldn't stop the run nor convert a 3rd down--