Saw What The Dolphins Did?

They have a very weak offensive line just like us and we're starting their 3rd string LT. So how were they able to keep tannehill clean for the most part? By moving the pocket, fakes, and taking defenders out of the play. I encourage you to go back and watch what the Dolphins did and how it literally made around half of our defensive line useless on a play.

I know that this is just pre season and we won't see much game planning but I wonder if we could see something similar to this when the regular season hits to make up for the struggles on the OL.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a very weak offensive line just like us and we're starting their 3rd string LT. So how were they able to keep tannehill clean for the most part? By moving the pocket, fakes, and taking defenders out of the play. I encourage you to go back and watch what the Dolphins did and how it literally made around half of our defensive line useless on a play.

I know that this is just pre season and we won't see much game planning but I wonder if we could see something similar to this when the regular season hits to make up for the struggles on the OL.

It's called gameplanning.

One team took the game seriously and did that.

The other one almost got its starting quarterback killed

Thats how they were able to connect on all of those short passes. The defense did a good job in limiting yards after the catch though - I think Miami was only 3 for 12 on third down conversion.

Miami was 2/12 on 3rd down. The Falcons' defense was outstanding. Reading around this board, you'd think they gave up 42 points.

Yea I think a bunch of people are freaking out about the game. I personally think this team will be fine. The game plan was vanilla and your top 3 weapons were out. The Dolphins could focus more on the run or pass rush when there isn't a wr to worry about behind them

Miami was 2/12 on 3rd down. The Falcons' defense was outstanding. Reading around this board, you'd think they gave up 42 points.

They are all just looking at Tannehill's completions vs incompletions and thinking he did great.

A lot of short passes to the sides of the field were completed for the most part and stopped short of 1st.

There didn't SEEM like it was a pass rush because he was throwing short constantly. The defense played outstanding.

Down 7-6 at the half on the road in the muck with 4 starters not playing on offense. Not bad at all. Consider what happened last two years with 4 starters not in there.

I'm thinking that DQ was interested in seeing just what he had man on man. That third game, obviously didn't mean to DQ what it once meant. It was a trial and error and they looked bad.

This 100% times one thousand.

This isnt the Mike Smith era. DQ is doing things different. Its very simple if you think about it. DQ wants to see what he has in players.

Remember when the starting OL was SET in the first OTA of the year and that was that? Smitty would set it and no matter who was good or sucked, that was his starting line. Now enter DQ and he wants to see what he has and use preseason for what its supposed to be for, evaluation.

Tannehil never did anything more than a 3 step drop before he was getting rid of the football. I think the Dolphins saw what our D-line was doing to TEN and NY and decided they weren't having that. Defense did a great job of limiting YAC and that's why we were always in the game in spite of ZERO offensive production.

That and if you take into consideration that Quinn was using this game as a final tryout for certain guys (Yates, Person) then I think winning the game was an afterthought and that maybe we accomplished more from that game than we thought we did.

It's called gameplanning.

One team took the game seriously and did that.

The other one almost got its starting quarterback killed

I really hope the look into this, what did you call it, "gameplanning" before week 1.

Honestly, I hope for improvement, but I am not expecting a miracle. I have a feeling the first half of the season will have a higher than average bloody mary count than I originally predicted for myself...

I really hope the look into this, what did you call it, "gameplanning" before week 1.

Honestly, I hope for improvement, but I am not expecting a miracle. I have a feeling the first half of the season will have a higher than average bloody mary count than I originally predicted for myself...

I'm just hoping they really didn't game plan.

Because if they did and THAT was the result.... We gotz problems

Exactly. 7 points and only 1 3rd down conversion by their starting unit wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire. H3ll the final score was only 13-9. Had that been a regular game with all our weapons it would've been a different story on offense. You can tell the Dolphins put more game planning into the dress rehearsal and we were still auditioning for starting jobs in multiple position battles. Game 4 will be to see who stays or goes.

No issue with way the defense played. Miami knew we were coming and did what they knew would work given their o line is as interesting as ours. Our oline will not work against a good front and we too will need to put more quick hits in the playbook against teams like that. Devonta, Julio and Hester are good for that.