Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2016 Mlb Draft

477 posts in this topic

Brian Bridges said they "tried to go that direction" with bats but it didnt happen that way. He didnt come out and say the Braves wanted Senzel or Moniak but he kind of hinted the bat they liked the most was already off the board.

Seattle reportedly has an agreement with Kyle Lewis. No money details yet but he'll be in Seattle tomorrow to be put through the wringer by the M's medical staff. If all goes well the deal is expected to be announced.

Braves kick off today's draft portion with RHP Matt Rowland from Pope High School.

RHP Brandon White follows in the 12th. Hard throwing RP.

According to the draft tracker the Braves also selected another RHP Brandon White in the 13th.

1B Ramon Osuna Sanchez in the 14th.

15th RHP Zach Becherer

16th 3B Josh Anthony

It doesn't really matter who the Braves draft. If he turns out to be good they'll just trade him before they have to pay him. Wake me up when they have an owner that makes an effort to win. 

3 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

It doesn't really matter who the Braves draft. If he turns out to be good they'll just trade him before they have to pay him. Wake me up when they have an owner that makes an effort to win. 

The owners have nothing to do with the rebuild. 

Rowland's probably the guy we've been saving up for.

The Brandon White thing is weird, I wonder if they drafted the wrong one first.

Also has a commitment to Auburn, so we'll see if they can sign him. This is the third player taken by the Braves from Western Oklahoma recently (previously Andrelton Simmons in 2010, Justin Ellison in 2015).

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

2B Gabe Howell

20th round pick Gabe Howell has already announced he will forgo his commitment to Chipola Community College (FL) to sign with the Braves tomorrow. From Trion High School in north Georgia, Howell's dream has always been to play for the Braves, and turned down higher draft offers from the Twins and the Pirates to make it happen. He will be at Turner Field tomorrow for batting practice and to be introduced to Braves fans. 

Howell has hit .650 in his senior year.

Falconsfan567 likes this

10 minutes ago, K26dp said:

20th round pick Gabe Howell has already announced he will forgo his commitment to Chipola Community College (FL) to sign with the Braves tomorrow. From Trion High School in north Georgia, Howell's dream has always been to play for the Braves, and turned down higher draft offers from the Twins and the Pirates to make it happen. He will be at Turner Field tomorrow for batting practice and to be introduced to Braves fans. 

Howell has hit .650 in his senior year.

Thats what I like to hear. I attended Trion High School myself so im pulling for the guy.