Db#11 Preseason Week 3 Dolphins/falcons Thoughts

Dirtybird#11

Dang. Just dang.

Well I'll start with the positives. The defense played pretty solid still. I mean they weren't as outstanding as the first 2 games, but they only allowed 7 points.

The special teams is still looking like the GOAT. Bryant drilled some very impressive kicks in the pouring rain. Bosher still nailed multiple punts and Hester looked good as ever on STs.

Also props to the 2nd unit offense (including Yates) they played good and if it wasn't for a bonehead call by the refs in the 4th we would've won. But I digress. Also idk what it is but our 2nd team OLINE always seems to get the run game going.

Now let's go over the loooonnnggg list of negatives.

The 1st team OLINE went into full idiot mode aside from Matthews. Persons was garbage as always. Schrader and Chester played terrible and Stone mother of god played like trash. Honestly they looked like UDFAs out there and we just can't have that. We really need to next offseason get Matt an OLINE. That should be the priority. No exceptions. Idgaf if it delays our defensive progression I'm tired of watching Matt just look all around frustrated cause our FO can't seem to realize what we got up front in inadequate.

The run game still blows. It will remain this way until we do as I said above^

Also idk how I feel about our depth aside from Hankerson. Hardy has looked decent at times but he is very inconsistent. Hester is nothing more than a return man. Weeks is good but he is too small to make an impact. And lastly Williams is great but might not even make the roster due to Hardy being selected in the 4th. I just hope and pray Julio and Roddy stay healthy for most of the year cause Matt and the rest of these WRs just look outta sync.

Mokeai isn't the solution. I promise you. Toilolo and Tamme both deserve to be ahead of him and if the Falcons waste a roster spot on him all the while cutting a guy like Williams,Maponga, or Goodman imma flip out.

Lastly our CBs are still a huge question mark aside from Trufant. Landry tore us up and they seemed helpless.

Now that's I've voiced the frustration let me give shoutout to some players who played well....

RaShede Hageman

Adrian Clayborn

Vic Beasley

Paul Worrilow

TJ Yates

Jerome Smith

Nick Williams

Joey Mbu

Matt Bryant

Allen Bradford

Eric Weems

Justin Durant

Ricardo Allen

Now to sound it off I'll give you a final 53 since cuts are right around the corner.

QB-Matt Ryan, Rex Grossman

RB-Devonta Freeman,Tevin Coleman,Antone Smith,Jerome Smith

FB-Collin Mooney

WR-Julio Jones,Roddy White,Leonard Hankerson,Justin Hardy,Eric Weems,Nick Williams

TE-Levine Toilolo,Jacob Tamme

LT-Jake Matthews

LG-Chris Chester

C-Joe Hawley

RG-James Stone,Jon Asamoah

RT-Ryan Schrader,Jake Rodgers

DE-Vic Beasley,Adrian Clayborn,Obrien Schofield,Maliciah Goodman,Stansley Maponga

DT-Paul Soliai,RaShede Hageman,Johnathan Babineaux,Tyson Jackson

OLB-Justin Durant,Brooks Reed,Joplo Bartu,Tyler Starr

MLB-Paul Worrilow,Allen Bradford,Nate Stupar

CB-Desmond Trufant,Robert Alford,Phillip Adams,Kevin White,Jalen Collins

FS-Ricardo Allen,Dez Southward

SS-Kemal Ishmael,William Moore

K/P-Matt Bryant,Matt Bosher

KR/PR-Devin Hester

LS-Josh Harris

Notable Cuts-Kroy Biermann,Mike Person,Tony Mokeai,TJ Yates

Practice Squad

Terron Ward

Tailevea (TE #86)

Carlton Mitchell

Sean Renfree

Joey Mbu

Grady Jarrett

Bernard Reedy

Robert Therezie

Burton

Replongle

There you have it. I'd like to note there are only 51 men on this roster preferably I'd like to think DQ and TD call up Jake Long and possibly Sam Baker back to assure some depth up front for Matty Ice but that's just me.

All in all a sloppy performance in the rain. db#11

ps-Grady Jarrett, um, no.He's coming along quickly, is probably our most athletic interior dlineman and he's got the best motor.

He's done. 0% he's living off of Tuggles name at the moment. Imma Clemson fan and I want him to become Aaron Donald 2.0, but so far he's been more like Bruce Donald from Walmart.....

He's done. 0% he's living off of Tuggles name at the moment. Imma Clemson fan and I want him to become Aaron Donald 2.0, but so far he's been more like Bruce Donald from Walmart.....

Go back and watch him against the Jets. By my count he missed by half a step on 3 sacks and disrupted 5-8 plays one way or another.

Dude was a projected 2nd round pick by many people and also said to be one of the biggest mid-late round gems in the entire draft. He would get scooped off our practice squad because of that alone. I'd be shocked if he didn't make the 53.

That's not true at all. He's not getting cut and he hasn't been bad. Aaron Donald came in as a 1st teamer. Jarrett has been playing with 2nd and 3rd teamers. Big difference. He'll be ok. Def ain't getting cut and it don't have anything to do with his dad.

As for cuts Nick Williams might not make it. Hester will be the 4th or 5th wr. Dez will be a corner if he doesn't get cut and Godfrey will be the backup fs.

LOL. Grady Jarrett is the reason our defense is going to be better at the end of the season than it is now. Give the kid a chance. Who's he going to beat out after five weeks? He has good players ahead of him, so he's not going to be playing with the ones or twos yet. Consequently, he's going to get the extra attention among the threes in pre-season.

That's not true at all. He's not getting cut and he hasn't been bad. Aaron Donald came in as a 1st teamer. Jarrett has been playing with 2nd and 3rd teamers. Big difference. He'll be ok. Def ain't getting cut and it don't have anything to do with his dad.

As for cuts Nick Williams might not make it. Hester will be the 4th or 5th wr. Dez will be a corner if he doesn't get cut and Godfrey will be the backup fs.

This. Hester will get one of the WR slots. And I disagree with your WR depth comment. Deepest position on the team. Also we will keep more than seven Olinemen and probably more than two TEs, cause Shanny will run a shtload of two tights.

This. Hester will get one of the WR slots. And I disagree with your WR depth comment. Deepest position on the team. Also we will keep more than seven Olinemen and probably more than two TEs, cause Shanny will run a shtload of two tights.

Agreed. I do however hope we do some significant searching for TE and OL on the FA market once final cuts are made. We could use both of those badly and some teams are stocked so full of good players in those spots they need to cut some of the "decent" ones which will come cheap due to being their last chance for playing during the regular season unless someone gets hurt and a team is desperate.

We are very deep at WR, but Hester will stick around. He's been good so far at both WR and ST. He did poorly this game on KR (any + yards on a PR is good unless it's guaranteed to go out into the end zone or out of bounds so you can't blame him for the PR yardage), but he also had 2 very nice catches and his timing with Matt looked almost as good as Douglas (I'd say better if I didn't know Hester had grease mitts on 50% of the time). Williams will likely make PS if he clears waivers and isn't snatched up, as he kind of flew under the radar like Reedy, despite looking sharp for us. I don't see him making the final 53, due to his ST use isn't better than Weems.

I haven't watched the last half of the PS games very closely so I can't say much about Jarrett, but he really hasn't stood out from what I could tell. This is however, not necessarily bad as we know the defense has been much better and he certainly has helped on several big plays on D for us. I want to see him work with the 1s and 2s more though.

Anyone notice Vic this game? Tannehill was throwing a ton of quick passes so Vic didn't have much impact, however when he did have a couple seconds Vic was smothering the pocket, along with Clayborn again. They moved him all over the line too so I'm not sure what that was about. Maybe trying to see if he could be JJ Watt?

ALSO! OP...wtf are you talking about with Yates? Dude played like garbage. I would be happier with Vick as my backup, and let me tell you something...I wouldn't want that scum back in the A if he looked/played like Aaron Rodgers, so that's saying something.

Edited by FenixFalcon

yeah i dont think the coaches are brave enough to try to sneak Garret and/or Therezie onto the PS, both would probably get snatched up...i dont think they keep.. Bartu, Starr and Stupar... Bradford will replace stupar, and Starr replaces Bartu on the roster...and im pretty sure schofield will make the roster as a LB

yeah i dont think the coaches are brave enough to try to sneak Garret and/or Therezie onto the PS, both would probably get snatched up...i dont think they keep.. Bartu, Starr and Stupar... Bradford will replace stupar, and Starr replaces Bartu on the roster...and im pretty sure schofield will make the roster as a LB

Schofield and Starr will both make the roster...they have impressed with the little play time they have gotten.

The 1st team OLINE went into full idiot mode aside from Matthews. Persons was garbage as always. Schrader and Chester played terrible and Stone mother of god played like trash. Honestly they looked like UDFAs out there and we just can't have that.

You calling that line up the 1st string O-line? or another Quinn failed experiment?

You think we'll keep that many wr's on hand? I can see the rest of what you said tho.