Week 1 Upsets

Carter

It is with great pleasure that I create this thread once again. The dawn of a new season is finally upon us! I hope you've got your viewing arrangements in order, this is set to be a very special season of college football.

Week one has it's usual bulk of "cupcake" games, but there are a few good kickoff special games matching up power conference teams. So without much fuss let's get into it... pick who you think will get an upset win or even who you think will win a close matchup.

These games are listed in order by what time they start. In the past I have put them in descending order by rank.

Thursday

Michigan vs Utah

North Carolina vs South Carolina

2 TCU vs Minnesota

Friday

4 Baylor vs SMU

Washington vs 23 Boise State

Saturday

21 Stanford vs Northwestern

Virginia vs 13 UCLA

UTEP vs 18 Arkansas

Louisville vs 6 Auburn

Bowling Green vs 25 Tennessee

BYU at Nebraska

15 Arizona State vs Texas A&M

Texas vs 11 Notre Dame

Eastern Washington vs 7 Oregon

20 Wisconsin vs 3 Alabama

Arkansas State vs 8 USC

Sunday

Purdue vs Marshall

Monday

1 Ohio State vs Virginia Tech

You know there's bound to be at least one lol...

Ohio State @ Virginia Tech could be very interesting. I don't think it was some fluke that VT won in the shoe last year. They aren't a great team but OSU seems to be riding the hype on their hot streak to end the season and will be missing one of their most important players. OSU is likely to win but it could be a fun one to watch.

Arizona State vs Texas A&M is anyone's guess. Other than the Dawgs first game, that is probably the one I am most looking forward to. Should be a great game.

Texas vs Notre Dame could be anyone's guess also. Notre Dame still hasn't proven they can beat anyone worth a crap on any consistent basis.

Ugh.... I'm so happy football is back lol

there is no way there aren't a handful of upsets, but like ique said it's hard to see them.. if a&m beats asu i consider that an upset.. asu is a team some like herbie are picking for the playoff. auburn verses louisville.. easy game? not so fast my friend. i think vt can knock off ohio state.. north carolina can they upset south carolina? what about michigan and utah.. i am calling for a ute's upset.. wisconsin and bama? is bama that good and is wisconsin going to do what they didn't do last year and finish off an upset.. that auburn/louisville game to me is a heck of a matchup. auburn could win big or be upset..

Saturday

Louisville vs 6 Auburn

Arkansas State vs 8 USC

Monday

Those are the games that'll be closer than expected if not upsets. I would really love for my Hokies to end OSU season week 1 in Blacksburg, but we gotta get a lot of breaks cause our offense just isn't good enough... Especially with Brewer.

In other news I'll definitely be tuning into the ASU/TAMU game. That's an interesting matchup also MICH/UTAH as well just to see how well Harbaugh's Wolverines are. Anyways welcome back football!

there is no way there aren't a handful of upsets, but like ique said it's hard to see them.. if a&m beats asu i consider that an upset.. asu is a team some like herbie are picking for the playoff. auburn verses louisville.. easy game? not so fast my friend. i think vt can knock off ohio state.. north carolina can they upset south carolina? what about michigan and utah.. i am calling for a ute's upset.. wisconsin and bama? is bama that good and is wisconsin going to do what they didn't do last year and finish off an upset.. that auburn/louisville game to me is a heck of a matchup. auburn could win big or be upset..

Utah is favored against Michigan unfortunately if Michigan win it would be considered an upset. They beat us pretty bad last year at home.

that's interesting.. i thought the harbaugh factor and all that hype would have an affect on the perception of that game.

I think Michigan needs to beat OSU before legitimate excitement comes back to that program. I'm very very intrigued to see how they have progressed so far with Harbaugh though.

It is with great pleasure that I create this thread once again. The dawn of a new season is finally upon us! I hope you've got your viewing arrangements in order, this is set to be a very special season of college football.

Week one has it's usual bulk of "cupcake" games, but there are a few good kickoff special games matching up power conference teams. So without much fuss let's get into it... pick who you think will get an upset win or even who you think will win a close matchup.

These games are listed in order by what time they start. In the past I have put them in descending order by rank.

Thursday

Michigan vs Utah

North Carolina vs South Carolina

2 TCU vs Minnesota

Friday

4 Baylor vs SMU

Washington vs 23 Boise State

Saturday

21 Stanford vs Northwestern

Virginia vs 13 UCLA

UTEP vs 18 Arkansas

Louisville vs 6 Auburn

Bowling Green vs 25 Tennessee

BYU at Nebraska

Texas vs 11 Notre Dame

Eastern Washington vs 7 Oregon

Arkansas State vs 8 USC

Sunday

Purdue vs Marshall

Monday

I would love to see osu, tau and auburn get stung this weekend. If bama came back to earth then I would not be hurt

I think Michigan needs to beat OSU before legitimate excitement comes back to that program. I'm very very intrigued to see how they have progressed so far with Harbaugh though.

not sure what you have seen this offseason, but legitimate excitement is back in that program.. they haven't won a game and the swagger is back for their fans and the media is loving them some michigan.. that's why i was a bit surprised that utah over michigan wouldn't be an upset with all the postseason talk. i am not talking about dew. i listen to a lot of national sports talk and have all summer. it's been very interesting.

not sure what you have seen this offseason, but legitimate excitement is back in that program.. they haven't won a game and the swagger is back for their fans and the media is loving them some michigan.. that's why i was a bit surprised that utah over michigan wouldn't be an upset with all the postseason talk. i am not talking about dew. i listen to a lot of national sports talk and have all summer. it's been very interesting.

The Harbaugh Effect. I meant legitimate excitement as in... legitimate. They were excited when they got rid of Rich Rod and brought a Michigan guy in with Brady Hoke. Didn't last very long. The media will have no problem talking up Harbaugh because he's been very successful and Michigan is a traditional powerhouse program. For real excitement though is that OSU/Michigan game being relevant. It has fallen a long long long way from not so long ago when it was #1 vs #2, billed as the game of the century lol